Riverside Cerebral Palsy Attorney
Cerebral palsy is a group of disorders that can affect the movement, muscle tone, and posture of a child. Cerebral palsy is a serious birth disorder that can leave a child with significant short- and long-term disabilities. If your child has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy and you believe that the disorder was caused by the negligent or careless actions of a medical professional, contact Aitken * Aitken * Cohn. Our Riverside cerebral palsy attorneys are ready to conduct a full investigation into your case and secure the compensation you need.
Why choose Aitken * Aitken * Cohn for your case?
After your child has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy due to a medical mistake, you need an attorney by your side with extensive experience handling these cases. Aitken * Aitken * Cohn Is ready to help.
- Our firm enjoys a national reputation for the quality of our Riverside personal injury attorneys’ trial skills and aggressive legal representation on behalf of our clients.
- Our Orange County personal injury attorneys have a tremendous reputation for success and have secured numerous multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts for our clients.
- We take Riverside cerebral palsy cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they deserve.
How will a Riverside Cerebral Palsy attorney help?
An attorney is going to be incredibly beneficial in these cases. A qualified cerebral palsy attorney will have the resources necessary to obtain all evidence needed to prove that a medical mistake occurred. Using the evidence that they gather, an attorney can handle all negotiations with other parties involved, including aggressive insurance carriers and legal teams.
Importantly, a Riverside cerebral palsy attorney can handle every aspect of a case so that parents or guardians can focus on caring for their child.
What is Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral palsy is not just a single disorder, but rather a group of disorders that can severely affect a child’s muscle control, head control, cognitive function, sensation, coordination, balance, and muscle tone. Cerebral palsy involves damage that can occur to a specific area of a child’s brain that affects the functions mentioned above.
Cerebral palsy occurs in many ways, and the damage is often done prior to birth. However, there are times when cerebral palsy is caused during the birthing process due to the careless or negligent actions of medical providers. This can include:
- A birth injury resulting in trauma, sometimes caused by the use of forceps or vacuum delivery tools
- Birth hypoxia or asphyxia
- A prolapsed umbilical cord that should have been recognized and prevented by medical professionals
- Breech births that medical professionals do not recognize or prevent
- Prolonged deliveries and failure to perform a C-section after symptoms indicate that one is necessary
- Placental abruption
- Infections of the brain (viral encephalitis or bacterial meningitis_
What kind of compensation is available for this case?
If your child has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy that was caused by the careless or negligent actions of a medical professional, you could be entitled to various types of compensation for your claim. This can include:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to cerebral palsy
- Compensation for medical devices such as wheelchairs, braces, walkers, etc.
- Coverage for lost income if a parent has to become a caregiver
- Compensation for extended in-home care
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence
Contact a Riverside Cerebral Palsy Lawyer Today
At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, our Riverside cerebral palsy attorneys are ready to conduct a full investigation into your case. You can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 866-434-1424.