Santa Ana Defective Medical Device Attorney
Defective medical devices and equipment can be defective and end up causing patients severe, even fatal injuries. In these cases, injured patients may have a personal injury claim against the maker of the medical device, the doctor who prescribed it, or the nurses or technicians who maintained the device.
At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, our Santa Ana defective medical device lawyer is:
- Experienced in defective medical device lawsuits;
- Able to evaluate and assess your situation at no cost to you; and
- Committed to providing quality, individualized representation to those affected by defective medical devices.
Call us today to schedule your free consultation and case review. Our team of Santa Ana personal injury attorneys is compassionate about helping you recover and getting you fair compensation for your injuries.
How a Santa Ana Defective Medical Device Attorney May Be Able to Help
Aitken * Aitken * Cohn can help you with your medical device case through:
- Investigating your case, this includes reviewing your medical records and other important evidence;
- Consulting with highly qualified experts about the nature and extent of your injuries;
- Handling the litigation involved with your case, this includes filing all necessary paperwork, conducting discovery, preparing your case for trial and pursuing an appropriate settlement; and
- Keeping you informed of what is happening in your case.
Aitken * Aitken * Cohn does all of this to identify the best legal strategy for your case, help you recover your personal and financial losses, and assist you in moving forward with your life.
Examples of Defective Medical Devices in Santa Ana
There are three types of medical device defects that may occur. These defects include the following:
- A flaw in design;
- A flaw in the production process;
- Missing or improper safety risks or instructions for use in the labeling materials.
Medical device manufacturing companies have a legal obligation to alert consumers and healthcare providers regarding potential risks, otherwise, they can be held liable for negligence. Some recently reported defective medical devices include the following:
- Artificial joints;
- Breast implants;
- Heart valves;
- Hip replacements;
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs);
- Kidney dialysis filters;
- Knee joint replacements; and
These devices may come from a variety of different manufacturers. For more information about a potential defect with your medical device, contact a Santa Ana defective medical device attorney.
Defective Medical Device Lawsuits in Santa Ana
Defective medical device lawsuits are different than other types of personal injury cases. Instead of claiming negligence on the part of a medical professional, these are product liability cases claiming injury due to a defect in a product. In order to win a defective medical device lawsuit in Santa Ana, there must be proof the product was defective, and that defect caused the injury or death.
Most medical device defect lawsuits are based on the following:
- The failure of the manufacturer of a medical product to warn patients of potential risks or dangers of using their product;
- The product itself has a defect in its design that causes injury or wrongful death; or
- The manufacturer of a medical product fails to recall a product that is found dangerous.
The nature of these lawsuits makes them extremely complex requiring extensive research and medical knowledge. This makes it especially important for victims in these types of cases to secure a team of experienced defective medical device attorneys, like those at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, to help guide them through the process. Contact us today!