Aitken * Aitken * Cohn is one of California’s most respected personal injury law firms, dedicated to providing legal counsel to anyone who has been seriously injured at the hands of another. If you’ve been seriously injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, our experienced Orange County personal injury attorneys will help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
We understand the profound impact a serious injury has on someone’s physical, mental, and financial health, and we want to help. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury due to the negligence of another, contact us today to discuss your case.
Why Choose Our Santa Ana Personal Injury Lawyers?
At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, we have the experience, knowledge, and skills to help you with your personal injury needs.
- Our Orange County personal injury law firm has more than 50 years of experience and successful litigation on behalf of our clients.
- We have the resources of a large, nationally recognized firm, yet we are able to offer the personal service and attention of a boutique law firm for your personal injury case.
- Aitken * Aitken * Cohn is focused solely on our clients’ needs. Our injury lawyers in Santa Ana have the experience and resources to provide each case the attention it deserves.
- Our courtroom experience means we are not intimidated by the potential of a trial. Our injury attorneys in Orange County, including our Santa Ana personal injury lawyers and Riverside personal injury lawyers, will work diligently to escalate your case and personal injury lawsuit to ensure you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve.
What is Personal Injury Law?
While it’s common to experience a mishap or an unlucky moment, it’s possible to experience a devastating injury that can impact many different areas of your life. Personal injury law, also known as tort law, allows an injured party to file a lawsuit and be paid for damages that stem from the injury. A personal injury lawyer can help you understand how these types of cases work and where your injury claim fits in.
How Do I Know if Personal Injury Law Applies to My Case?
There are several situations that fall under the umbrella of personal injury law. These include both unintentional and intentional acts that end up harming one or more parties. Personal injury law applies to situations such as:
- Defamation: A defamatory statement is a false statement that someone makes, which causes harm or injury to another party and is included in the category of personal injury law. There are two types of defamatory statements that can cause serious harm – libel and slander. “Libel” is defined as written defamation, while “Slander” is defamation that is spoken.
- Intentional acts: In claims where a person’s intentional actions cause harm to another person, personal injury law applies. An example of this would be assault and battery.
- Accidents: In circumstances where someone’s negligent behavior results in harm to another person, personal injury law applies. This can include medical malpractice, car accidents, pedestrian accidents, and slip and fall accidents.
- Defective products: Items such as consumer products, medical devices, vehicle components are made with the intention to help the user, but unfortunately that’s not always the case. If a person is unexpectedly harmed by a manufactured product, they can file a personal injury claim.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
The Santa Ana personal injury attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn have decades of valuable experience successfully advising people in many types of personal injury claims, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents. If you’ve been injured in a serious motor vehicle accident such as a car accident or a truck accident, our car accident attorneys will negotiate with insurance providers to ensure our clients receive the best possible compensation for medical expenses and damages.
- Traumatic brain injuries. A serious brain injury is not only life changing for the victim, but for their loved ones as well. An experienced injury attorney can help the injured person and their family get the compensation they deserve.
- Burn injuries. The severity of burn injuries can impact the injured person’s life in numerous ways. From limited mobility to chronic pain, burns caused by negligence can have a lasting effect.
- Premises liability accidents. Property owners have a duty of care to those who visit their premises. If visitors are injured due to a failure to uphold that duty, they may be eligible to file a claim against the owners for damages.
- Product liability cases. Defective products may cause severe harm to those using them. Any party involved in the manufacture or sale of these products must exercise due diligence to ensure any damages are prevented or minimized as best they can. If you have been harmed using a manufactured product or device you may be able to file a lawsuit against the manufacturer.
- Medical malpractice. We have come to trust medical professionals, but unfortunately, some do not exercise the care necessary to keep patients safe. Some patients end up with serious injuries or even death due to a medical professional’s negligence, a misdiagnosis, or a delayed diagnosis. These negligent acts can occur by a nurse, nurse practitioner, doctor, or anyone working in a hospital, rehab facility, medical center, elderly home, or any medical setting.
- Wrongful death. The sudden passing of a loved one can be heartbreaking, but if negligence was the direct cause, the situation is tragic. Our Orange County attorneys can help you pursue compensation for the wrongful death of a loved one.
- Slip and fall accidents. Typically caused by intentional or unintentional negligence, slip and fall accidents can have serious consequences. Spinal injuries, broken bones, and brain injuries are only a few of the potential results.