How to Find the Right Southern California Personal Injury Lawyer for You
In California, there are thousands of personal injury firms to choose from. How do you know which firm is the right fit for you? The right personal injury law firm for you will not only have a proven track record for getting results in claims that are similar to yours, but the attorneys and staff will take the time to answer all your questions, guide you through each step of the process, and keep you updated on every aspect of your claim.
At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, we are tenacious advocates for our clients and we never back down from getting them the compensation they need, even if that means pursuing the matter in court. If you have been injured in an accident, let our Southern California personal injury attorneys help get you the justice you deserve. Call us at (866) 434-1424 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
What Types of Accidents Does Personal Injury Law Consider?
Personal injury law considers many different types of accidents, usually involving negligence or an intentional act. At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, our experienced Southern California personal injury lawyers handle many different cases to help you when injured.
Our attorneys are experienced in handling car accidents, bicycle accidents, truck injuries, motorcycle accidents, dog bites and animal attacks, premises liability, slip and fall injuries, workplace injuries, medical malpractice cases, accidents resulting in wrongful death, product liability cases, traumatic brain injuries, burn accidents and spinal cord injuries.
How Does Personal Injury Law Work?
Personal injury law is that branch of civil law that serves to protect injured parties from the harm another party has caused them. In a personal injury claim, the injured party files a claim against the at-fault party to seek compensation for their injuries and other damages. While some personal injury claims go to court, most get settled through insurance claims. And this is just one of the many problems an injured party will face.
You can have peace of mind knowing that you have one of the most respected law firms in Southern California in your corner.
Each accident and accident claim is unique and compensation will depend on various factors, considering:
- How serious the accident was
- What medical interventions were needed
- Who was at fault and their percentage of fault
- The level of injuries that were sustained
- How long healing and rehabilitation took
- Medical bills and other costs associated with injuries
- Any out-of-pocket costs related to the accident
- Personal property damages
- Lost wages and interference with the ability to work
- Future possible medical bills that may relate to the injuries
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Whether a permanent disability or scarring was sustained
- Pain and suffering or emotional trauma
- Punitive damages, in some cases
- Wrongful death if the accident resulted in a fatality