Santa Ana Workplace Accident Lawyer
If you are hurt in a workplace accident, don’t rely solely on your employer or the workers’ compensation system to treat you fairly. You need an experienced Santa Ana workplace accident attorney on your side to ensure you receive the benefits that you and your loved ones need and deserve.
Aitken * Aitken * Cohn is experienced in work injuries and workers’ compensation claims in Santa Ana. Take full advantage of our personal injury experience by contacting us for a free, no-obligation consultation. Our team of personal injury attorneys have:
- Extensive experience in work injury law;
- The resources to competently pursue all of the benefits that our clients and their families need; and
- The compassion and commanding presence needed to resolve work injury claims in a way that satisfies our clients as individuals with specific needs.
You deserve maximum compensation for any workplace accident. At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, our Santa Ana work injury lawyers’ goal is to help you receive that compensation and start the next chapter in your life. Call us today.
How Santa Ana Work Injury Attorneys May be Able to Help
There is a time limit to filing your workplace accident case. Work injury hearings are often complicated, and the process is time-consuming. It is important you have a workplace accident attorney in Santa Ana experienced in workplace accidents to guide you through the process.
Your employer’s insurance company will provide them with a Santa Ana work injury attorney to represent their interests. If you do not have representation, you are at a serious disadvantage. The workplace injury attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn:
- Know the workers’ compensation system;
- File the necessary documents on your behalf;
- Represent you in interactions with the insurance company; and
- Investigate the circumstances of your workplace accident including gathering evidence we to present during the hearing.
Call Aitken * Aitken * Cohn today if you or a loved were the victims of a workplace accident in Santa Ana and need a need a Santa Ana work injury attorney.
What to do if You Suffer a Workplace Accident in Santa Ana
If you suffer a workplace accident in Santa Ana, it is important to take action the moment you are hurt. Workers’ compensation claims have strict rules and deadlines that must be followed in order to receive the benefits to which you are entitled.
If you are hurt at work, you must:
- Report the work injury to your employer immediately;
- Complete an incident report as soon as you can;
- Seek medical attention. Go to your work-specified medical provider to ensure your claim is not denied; and
- Give the doctor a detailed medical history of any symptoms, limitations, and actions that increase pain from the injury.
Following these steps strengthens your claim for benefits. It also puts your employer on notice and requires they submit a notice of personal injury to their worker’s compensation insurer.
Types of Work Injuries
There are many types of work injuries that happen after a serious workplace accident in Santa Ana. Work injuries can include:
What Types of Benefits are Available in a Santa Ana Workplace Accident Lawsuit?
The types of benefits available to you after your workplace accident in Santa Ana depend on the severity and extent of your injury. Typical workers’ compensation benefits for a work injury include:
- Medical treatment;
- Temporary partial disability;
- Temporary total disability;
- Permanent partial disability, this compensates a worker for the permanent partial disability they sustained. This extends beyond the case;
- Permanent total disability, this compensates workers who are unable to work at all as a result of permanent total disability they sustained. This extends beyond the case;
- Vocational rehabilitation is a possibility for workers who qualify for permanent partial disability benefits in order to place them back into the workforce; and
- Continuing medical maintenance is sometimes available for the permanently partially disabled at the recommendation of their doctor.
There are also wrongful death benefits available to the spouse and dependent children of a worker who dies at work. The amounts vary according to family size and situation. It is best to discuss these with an experienced Santa Ana work injury attorney to understand your rights.
Due to the time constraints, paperwork and filings, and legal complexities of workplace accident claims, it really is best to have experienced injury lawyers by your side. Contact Aitken * Aitken * Cohn today for your free consultation and evaluation with our Santa Ana workplace accident lawyers!