Anaheim Car Accident Attorney
Every day, people are injured in car accidents that are caused by another person’s negligence and that were completely preventable. If you were a victim in a car accident, you do not have to go through this process alone. An Orange County personal injury attorney can help you pursue compensation for the damages you have suffered. You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistakes. Our Anaheim car accident attorneys are here to help you ensure that doesn’t happen.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Unfortunately, there are many different ways that vehicles can collide. The type of accident you are involved in may affect what type of injuries you suffer, how the crash occurred, and who is liable for the accident. Some of the most common types of car accidents are:
- Rear-end collisions – A rear-end collision occurs when one vehicle collides into the back of another vehicle. These accidents are often caused because the rear driver is distracted or not paying attention. Often, they are also following too closely. Because they do not have much space between them and the driver in front of them, rear drivers may not be able to stop in time to avoid impact. Soft tissue, neck, and back injuries are common in this type of accident due to the sudden thrusting forward and jerking back of the body upon impact.
- Head-on collisions – A head-on collision occurs when one vehicle hits the front of another vehicle head-on. These collisions can cause catastrophic or fatal injuries because they often involve higher speeds. Head-on collisions may occur because of speeding, running stop lights or stop signs, drinking and driving, or reckless driving.
- T-Bone accidents – A T-bone accident happens when one vehicle hits the side of another vehicle. Because many vehicles lack safety features in the side of their vehicles, serious injuries can result in T-bone accidents. These accidents are often due to a vehicle turning into oncoming traffic.
- Rollover crashes – A rollover crash is often caused by defective vehicle designs or parts that make the vehicle more prone to roll over. The vehicle may roll onto its side or roof, causing serious injuries in the process.
- Pileup accidents – A pile-up accident is one in which a number of vehicles crash into each other as a chain reaction. These accidents can be difficult to figure out since there may be multiple liable parties.
- Single-vehicle crashes – If you were the passenger in a single-vehicle crash or were driving a vehicle that had a defect that caused the crash, you may be entitled to compensation.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Anaheim
If you were injured in a car accident in Anaheim, follow these steps to protect your health and your legal claim:
- Check if you and your passengers are okay
- Contact authorities and report the accident
- Request an ambulance if anyone was injured
- Get the other driver’s contact and insurance information
- Ask any witnesses for their contact information
- Take pictures of the accident scene, damage to the vehicles, different angles of the scene, and your injuries
- Write down a summary of how the accident occurred as soon as possible while your memory is fresh
- Contact a knowledgeable Anaheim car accident attorney
Contact an Anaheim Car Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident contact Aitken * Aitken * Cohn for help. Our experienced Anaheim car accident attorneys can answer your questions during a free case review.