Anaheim Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The California Office of Traffic Safety reports that 474 people died in motorcycle accidents in 2019. This is disproportionate to the number of people who ride motorcycles. Sadly, many motorcycle accidents lead to deaths or serious injuries. When injured motorcyclists survive these tragic accidents, they are often left with life-altering consequences.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, the Anaheim motorcycle accident lawyers at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn are here to help. Contact us today for your free case review.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
Motorcycle accidents can happen for the same reasons as other types of auto accidents, such as:
- Speeding – When drivers speed, they make it more likely for crashes to occur because they have less time to stop after they recognize a hazard.
- Distracted driving – Drivers may be distracted by texting, talking on a phone, eating, drinking, talking to passengers, or doing other things besides paying attention to the road in front of them.
- Failure to check blind spots – Motorcycles are smaller than other vehicles, so when drivers fail to check their blind spots, they may accidentally sideswipe an adjacent motorcycle.
- Failure to check mirrors – Drivers may fail to check their side or rearview mirrors, which can place motorcyclists in an extremely vulnerable position.
- Disregarding the right of way – Some motorists either do not see motorcyclists or do not care that they are there and turn in front of them when the motorcyclist has the right-of-way.
- Impaired driving – Drivers may be impaired by drugs, alcohol, prescription medication, or over-the-counter medications that affect the safety of others.
While motorcyclists can be injured or killed in accidents caused by the same factors that cause auto accidents, they are also vulnerable to road hazards, such as:
- Uneven roads
- Loose gravel
- Debris on the roadway
- Sharp curves
An Anaheim motorcycle accident lawyer can thoroughly investigate the crash and the factors that contributed to it. Then, they can seek compensation for the full extent of damages the victim suffered.
What Is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
California’s personal injury laws allow motorcycle accident victims to pursue compensation for the losses they have suffered, which may include:
- Medical expenses – Motorcycle accident victims may require extensive medical treatment. They can pursue compensation for the medical expenses they have already incurred, as well as expenses that are reasonably anticipated in the future, such as emergency room treatment, hospital stays, follow-up care, medication, and medical devices.
- Lost income – Recovery time may be long, but motorcycle accident victims can seek compensation for their lost wages and any lost earning capacity caused by their injuries.
- Pain and suffering – California law allows accident victims to seek compensation for their physical and emotional pain, suffering, and anguish.
- Property damage – Accident victims can also recover money repair or replace their motorcycle and any other damaged personal property
If you would like to learn what the potential value of your motorcycle accident claim is worth, contact one of the experienced Anaheim motorcycle accident lawyers with our firm.
Contact Our Anaheim Motorcycle Accident Lawyers for Help with Your Claim
Aitken * Aitken * Cohn offers a free case review to motorcycle accident victims. If you have questions about whether another party is responsible for the accident or what the value of your claim might be, contact us. An experienced Orange County motorcycle accident lawyer can evaluate your claim.