Corona Car Accident Attorney
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the most traumatizing experiences a person can experience. They may suffer serious injuries that cause them to lose months of work. Meanwhile, their bills are piling up and they are in excruciating pain – all because some other driver was careless. If you were hurt in a car accident in Corona, you need an experienced Riverside personal injury lawyer on your side who will protect your rights while you focus on your recovery. The team at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn is here to help.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Corona
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Corona are:
- Alcohol impairment – Every year, more than 150,000 people are injured in car crashes involving drunk drivers. Drivers who drink are more likely to crash into other vehicles because alcohol can dull the senses, impair judgment, and cause drowsiness.
- Drug impairment – Although recreational marijuana use is legal in California, it is illegal to drive while impaired by any drug.
- Distracted driving – California Vehicle Code, Chapter 12 Section 23123.5 prohibits the use of handheld cell phones while driving, as well as texting, emailing, social media use, or any other text-based use of cellphones while driving. Additionally, drivers under 18 are not allowed to use hands-free cell phones.
- Speeding – During the last few years, the number of fatalities and injuries caused by speeding has increased dramatically.
- Fatigued driving – Many people are balancing multiple responsibilities that can wear them out. They may also suffer from medical conditions or sleep problems that make them tired behind the wheel.
- Not obeying traffic laws – California has some traffic laws that are different than other states, which can be confusing for visitors and first-time drivers to learn.
How a Corona Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you were hurt in a car accident, a Corona personal injury lawyer can help with your claim by:
- Connecting you to doctors and other healthcare professionals to ensure you receive the treatment you need
- Investigating the cause of the accident and every party responsible for your injuries
- Reviewing evidence from the scene of the accident to establish liability
- Reviewing the terms of insurance policies that apply to the claim
- Communicating with other drivers, witnesses, insurance companies, and others on your behalf
- Answering any questions you have during the process of your claim
- Negotiating for a fair settlement and advising you whether to accept it
- Discussing alternative methods to secure the compensation you deserve
What to Do After a Car Accident
If you were involved in an accident in Corona, take the following steps to protect your claim:
- Report the accident – California law requires that you report any motor vehicle accident that results in injury, death, or property damage of more than $1,000.
- Seek medical attention – If you, the other driver, or passengers were injured in the accident, request an ambulance when you call 9-1-1.
- Gather information – The car accident scene will quickly be cleaned up, so you might only have one opportunity to preserve evidence. Take photos or videos of the accident scene, particularly of your injuries, property damage, the accident scene, and any other factors that may have contributed to the accident. Ask the driver for their contact and insurance information. Also, ask anyone who saw the accident for their contact details.
- Be careful what you say – The insurance company will investigate the accident and try to find anything to show you were responsible for the accident. This is why it is important not to admit fault at the scene. A simple “I’m sorry” can be misconstrued. Also, update your privacy settings on social media and do not discuss anything related to the accident.
- Don’t give a recorded statement – If the insurance company contacts you, do not give a recorded statement or sign anything. These tactics are typically used against you to deny or minimize the value of your claim.
Also, reach out to a knowledgeable Corona car accident attorney who can help you with every aspect of your case.
How Much Is My Corona Car Accident Claim Worth?
Many factors can affect the potential value of your car accident claim. Every accident is different, so there is no set formula to determine the value. The changes that your injury causes to your lifestyle and how long these changes endure are two critical factors that can affect the value of your claim. Here are a few other factors that can affect your claim’s value:
- Severity of your injury – The severity of your injury can impact the type of medical treatment you will receive and the length of your recovery. More severe injuries may affect your ability to earn a living.
- Lost wages – The longer you take to recover, the longer you will be unable to work and collect a paycheck.
- Pain, suffering, and emotional trauma – In addition to payment for medical expenses, lost wages, and other tangible financial losses, you also have the right to recover compensation for the pain and suffering you endure. Additionally, if you experience anxiety, depression, or emotional trauma following a car accident, you may be able to receive compensation for these negative consequences.
- Insurance limits – Most car accident claims are resolved through a settlement with the insurance company that covers the at-fault driver. These claims can be resolved up to the policy’s limits.
- Whether you have a personal injury lawyer – Insurance industry studies have shown that accident victims who have retained the help of a personal injury lawyer tend to have higher payouts and more claims approved than car accident victims who are not represented.
The best way to determine the potential value of your claim is to contact a knowledgeable Corona car accident lawyer and ask.
Contact a Corona Car Accident Attorney for Help with Your Claim
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, the Corona car accident attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn want to help. We are committed to providing superior client service and have recovered millions of dollars for our deserving clients. Contact us to get started with your free case review today.