Corona Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were injured because of someone else’s negligence, California law provides a pathway to obtaining compensation for the injuries you have suffered. This pursuit can provide financial recovery for the injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages you have suffered. The Riverside personal injury lawyers with Aitken * Aitken * Cohn can help you pursue the compensation and justice you deserve. We can assist you with every aspect of your claim. Let us handle the legal issues so you can focus on your recovery.
Personal Injury Cases Our Firm Handles
Aitken * Aitken * Cohn has represented personal injury victims for the last 50 years in personal injury cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Drowning injuries
- Wrongful death
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- Workplace injuries
- Medical malpractice
We welcome you to contact us and learn more about our firm and our Corona personal injury lawyers.
How Can a Moreno Valley Personal Injury Lawyer Help with Your Claim?
Personal injury cases are often complex. Trying to deal with everything that goes into this type of case and the rest of your life obligations is nearly impossible. A Moreno Valley personal injury lawyer can handle your claim so you can focus on your recovery and more important things.
Our Moreno Valley personal injury lawyers know what goes into proving a personal injury claim. Our team can help by
- Investigating the accident and gathering evidence to prove your claim, such as accident reports, photos or videos of the accident, witness statements, and records that evidence of negligent conduct
- Reviewing medical records and gathering other documentation to calculate the total value of your claim
- Identifying all potentially liable parties and sources of compensation
- Communicating with the insurance company on your behalf
- Advising you of your legal rights and explaining your options throughout the life of your claim
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair settlement or taking your case to trial if an agreeable settlement is not reached
What Do I Have to Prove to Recover Compensation in My Personal Injury Case?
Most personal injury cases are based on the legal concept of negligence. In order to recover compensation, you must generally show the following:
- Duty of care – You must show what the defendant (responsible party) was required to do under the law, such as drive safely or maintain their property.
- Breach of duty of care – You must show that the defendant did not uphold their legal duty of care by acting carelessly, such as by texting while driving or not fixing a hazard on their property.
- Causation – Next, you must prove that the defendant’s carelessness caused your injury.
- Damages – Finally, you must show that the carelessness caused you to suffer harm, such as injuries or financial harm like lost wages.
Our Corona personal injury lawyers can gather evidence to help you prove your claim.
Signs You Need a Corona Personal Injury Lawyer
While you are always welcome to contact a Corona personal injury lawyer for help with your claim, there are some signs that you should work with a lawyer, including:
You Suffered Severe Injuries
If you suffered severe injuries, the insurance company may try to push back because they don’t want to be responsible for the damages you have suffered and will likely suffer in the future. Serious injuries can result in expensive medical bills. They can also cause long-term disability that prevents you from returning to work. You may also experience considerable pain and suffering.
A knowledgeable Corona personal injury lawyer can gather documentation to establish the full extent of your damages and account for your future needs. This can help protect your financial future.
Liability Is in Dispute
If it is not clear who was responsible for the accident, you may need a Corona personal injury lawyer’s help. Our firm has the necessary resources to help establish your claim, such as by demanding the production of certain evidence or hiring accident reconstruction experts.
The Insurance Company Is Acting in Bad Faith
Insurance companies are required to fulfill their legal duties to policyholders. If they act in bad faith, they may be subject to legal action.
You Are Confused About Your Legal Rights or Options
A Corona personal injury lawyer can explain your legal rights to you so that you can make informed decisions about your case. You cannot depend on the insurance company to tell it to you straight because its interests are not aligned with yours. Insurance companies want to minimize how much they pay on claims. Our lawyers can discuss your options and protect your rights throughout the claim.
What Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
It’s impossible to answer this question because every personal injury case is different. However, the three biggest factors that affect the value of your claim are:
- Liability – When it is clear that the defendant is to blame for the event, the case is more valuable. On the other hand, if you contributed to the accident, your claim can be reduced by your degree of responsibility for the accident.
- Damages – Your damages are the financial and non-financial losses you suffered in the accident. Financial losses may include medical expenses, lost wages, reduced earning capacity, personal property damage, and other out-of-pocket expenses. Non-financial losses are subjective in nature and may involve pain and suffering, emotional distress, and lost quality of life.
- Policy limits – Many people do not have sufficient assets to cover the costs associated with personal injuries. Therefore, many accident claims are resolved by filing a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. The insurance company will only pay up to policy limits. However, a knowledgeable Corona personal injury lawyer can help determine if there are additional options for compensation.
To get a better idea about the potential value of your claim, contact our Corona personal injury lawyers. We can give you an honest assessment of your case.
Contact Aitken * Aitken * Cohn for Help with Your Personal Injury Claim
With extensive experience in personal injury law, the Corona personal injury lawyers with Aitken * Aitken * Cohn know what it takes to build a successful claim. We can carefully evaluate your claim and determine the compensation to which you are entitled. Contact us to get started with a free consultation.