Fullerton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, 474 people died in motorcycle accidents in 2019. While motorcycles represent a much smaller portion of traffic accidents than other types of motor vehicle collisions, the effects of motorcycle accidents are often much more devastating. Motorcycle accident victims do not have safety features like occupants in passenger vehicles, so many motorcycle accidents cause severe injuries or death.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, the Orange County personal injury attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn can help. Our Fullerton motorcycle accident lawyers are here to help you through this difficult time. Contact us for a free case review.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are often caused by negligent automobile drivers who:
- Fail to check blind spots – Other drivers may not look in their blind spots before changing lanes or maneuvering their vehicles. Motorcyclists are harder to spot due to their smaller size.
- Fail to check mirrors – Drivers may also fail to check their side or rearview mirrors, which can place motorcyclists in an extremely vulnerable position.
- Disregard the right of way – Some motorists turn in front of motorcyclists because they do not see them or they simply don’t care.
- Speed – Drivers who speed place motorcyclists at considerable risk of being catastrophically injured or killed.
- Drive distracted – Many drivers focus on tasks other than driving, which places all other motorists at risk.
In addition to negligent drivers, motorcycle accidents can also be caused by hazardous roads. These roads may be dangerous by design or due to defective maintenance that causes potholes, damaged roads, or debris to be left in the roadway. Because motorcyclists are lower to the ground, these hazards significantly increase their risk of being involved in an accident.
A Fullerton motorcycle accident lawyer can conduct a thorough investigation to determine the cause of the motorcycle accident.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
It only takes a single moment for a motorcycle accident to occur and cause a lifetime of consequences. Motorcyclists are more susceptible to suffering serious harm. Common injuries motorcycle accident victims suffer include:
- Lower extremity injuries
- Brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Chest injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Herniated discs
- Broken bones
- Road rash
Potential Damages in Motorcycle Accidents
These serious injuries can result in physical pain, emotional anguish, and financial hardship. California’s personal injury laws provide a pathway for motorcycle accident victims to recover compensation and pursue justice after being injured by a negligent driver. Potential damages that may be awarded in motorcycle accident cases include:
- Property damage to repair or replace the damaged bike and any other damaged personal property
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Scarring, disfigurement, or permanent disability
- Mental, emotional, and physical pain and suffering
An experienced Fullerton motorcycle accident lawyer can review the circumstances surrounding your accident and determine the potential value of your claim.
Contact Us for Help with Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, Aitken * Aitken * Cohn can help. Our Fullerton motorcycle accident lawyers know how devastating these wrecks can be. We will work tirelessly to pursue the compensation to which you are entitled. We provide a free case review to discuss your egal rights and options. Contact us today to have your case evaluated by an experienced Fullerton motorcycle accident lawyer.