Irvine Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can cause devastating injuries and life-long consequences. The Irvine motorcycle accident lawyers with Aitken * Aitken * Cohn believe you should not have to suffer because of someone else’s mistakes. We are here to help you through every step of your claim. You can contact an Orange County personal injury lawyer today for a free case review.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists have limited protection from other vehicles and can suffer serious injuries such as:
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Brain injuries
- Severe head trauma
- Neck injuries
- Lower extremity injuries
- Chest injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Herniated discs
- Road rash
- Wrongful death
Do’s and Don’ts Following a Motorcycle Accident
An Irvine motorcycle accident lawyer may recommend that you take certain steps after a motorcycle accident, such as:
- Get help – If you or your passenger was injured, get immediate medical help by calling 911.
- Report the accident – Get the process started immediately by reporting the accident to police. Ask the officer how to get a copy of the report.
- Document the scene – The crash scene will quickly be cleaned up, so take immediate steps to document what you can at the crash scene. Take pictures of the accident scene, your damaged bike, and your injuries. If there is any broken glass, skid marks, or debris on the roadway, photograph this as well.
- Get the other driver’s information – Ask the other driver for their information, including their name, address, telephone number, license plate number, and insurance information.
- Keep a pain journal – While you may objective evidence of some of your damages such as your lost wages and medical expenses, other damages are more subjective in nature, such as your pain and suffering. By keeping a daily journal of your pain and other symptoms, you can keep a record of how the accident has affected you in non-financial ways.
Just as there are certain things you can do to help your claim, there are some things you could do that could harm it. Therefore, you may not want to:
- Sign anything – The insurance company may try to get you to agree to hand over all of your medical records or to release their insured from liability. Do not sign anything you receive from the insurance company until you have received qualified legal advice.
- Give a recorded statement – Insurance companies often try to get accident victims to give a recorded statement shortly after the accident when they may still be confused by the accident and when they don’t know the full extent of their injuries. If you are contacted by the insurance company for a recorded statement, decline or refer them to your lawyer.
- Talk publicly about your case – Insurance companies or investigators may conduct surveillance or monitor your social media accounts for anything they can use against you or to deny your claim. Avoid talking publicly about your case to others.
- Try to handle your claim on your own – Motorcycle accidents are serious business. Now is not the time to try to handle everything on your own. Contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer who can handle the claim for you.
Contact Us for Help with Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, Aitken * Aitken * Cohn is here to help you with every aspect of your injury claim. Our Irvine motorcycle accident lawyers work closely with motorcycle accident victims and their families. We know how devastating these crashes can be. We are committed to pursuing maximum compensation for your claim. Contact us today for a free case review to discuss your legal options.