Irvine Truck Accident Lawyer
Despite the specialized license and training that commercial drivers receive, thousands of truck drivers cause fatal collisions every year. Because commercial trucks are so much larger than the average passenger vehicle, simple mistakes can cause disastrous consequences. At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, our Irvine and Riverside personal injury lawyers believe that you should not have to pay for someone else’s mistake. We are here to help you seek compensation and justice after a commercial truck accident. Contact us today for your free case review to explore your legal options.
California Truck Accident Statistics
California often has more fatal truck crashes per year than any other state besides Texas. Each year, about 113 fatal truck crashes occur in California with another 3,000 causing injury. I-5, I-10, I-715, and other highway and interstate systems are the most common locations for truck crashes in California.
Parties Responsible for Truck Accidents in California
Our Irvine truck accident lawyers have extensive experience in handling truck accident cases. We have identified the following parties who are often to blame for these crashes, along with common causes of truck accidents in California:
- Truck drivers – Large commercial trucks are much more difficult to handle than passenger vehicles. These vehicles are much larger, so they require more distance to stop. They also have large blind spots that truckers must constantly check to avoid collisions. Truck drivers are often in a hurry, so they might speed or take shortcuts for safety. Many accidents are due to drowsy driving, overcompensating for errors, and impaired driving.
- Trucking company – Trucking companies are required to comply with various commercial motor vehicle laws that dictate everything from hiring practices, drug and alcohol testing, pre-trip inspections, and safe cargo loading practices. If the trucking company violates one of these laws or their driver causes a wreck, they may be responsible for the resulting accident.
- Third-party handlers – Trucking companies may hire a third party to load cargo or maintain their vehicles. If these parties neglect their duties, they might be responsible for the crash.
- Other drivers – Sometimes other drivers may be responsible for truck accidents, such as if they fail to yield the truck driver’s right-of-way or cause an accident because they are distracted.
How an Irvine Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help with Your Claim
At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, our truck wreck lawyers can help you by:
- Investigating the accident and identifying all responsible parties
- Hiring experts to determine the cause of the accident and liability
- Identifying all available sources of insurance and paths for compensation
- Handling all communications with insurance companies and the trucking company
- Sending the trucking company and their lawyers spoliation of evidence letters to prevent critical evidence from being lost or destroyed in your case
- Accounting for the full extent of your damages
- Negotiating a fair settlement on your behalf
Contact Us Today for Your Free Truck Accident Case Review
If you were injured because of the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. The Irvine or Riverside truck accident lawyers with Aitken * Aitken * Cohn are ready to fight for you. For a free case review with a knowledgeable Irvine truck accident lawyer, contact us today.