Moreno Valley Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
While riding a motorcycle can be an exhilarating experience, being injured in one can be a devastating one. Motorcyclists lack the same safety features of passenger vehicles, so accidents often cause serious injuries or deaths.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident or lost a loved one in a motorcycle crash, Aitken * Aitken * Cohn is here to help. We offer a free case review to discuss your legal options and explain how we can help.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Swerving in front of motorcyclists
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Following too closely
- Failing to check blind spots
- Distracted driving
- Not paying attention
- Driving under the influence
- Misjudging the motorcyclist’s speed or distance
How a Moreno Valley Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important things you can do after being injured in a motorcycle accident is to call an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. Seeking legal representation can be a critical step toward receiving compensation for the harm you have suffered.
A Riverside personal injury lawyer can help your claim by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation of the accident
- Gathering evidence to support your claim
- Interviewing witnesses to get an objective perspective on how the accident occurred
- Collecting police reports and medical records
- Getting photos or videos of the accident scene
- Hiring expert witnesses, as necessary, to reconstruct the accident, explain how the accident occurred, or support your demand for compensation
- Communicating and negotiating with insurance companies
Potential Compensation You Can Recover from a Motorcycle Accident
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover compensation for the financial and non-financial losses you have suffered, which might include:
- Past and future medical expenses – You might be able to recover money for emergency room visits, hospital stays, surgery, rehabilitation, medication, and other medical expenses.
- Lost wages – It may take you considerable time to recover from your injuries. You deserve to be compensated for the lost wages you incurred because of someone else’s negligence.
- Property damage – You can seek compensation for the cost to repair your motorcycle. If the vehicle is declared total, you can seek compensation to replace it.
- Pain and suffering – The law also recognizes your right to recover compensation for your physical and mental pain and suffering.
If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to pursue compensation through a wrongful death claim, which is a civil case that compensates a family for the death of a loved one caused by a wrongful, reckless, or intentional act. You may be able to recover compensation for burial and funeral expenses, lost inheritance and financial support, and loss of consortium, which provides compensation for the loss of the decedent’s services, care, love, and companionship.
An experienced Moreno Valley motorcycle accident lawyer can determine the potential value of your case and fight for it.
Contact Us for Your Free Case Review
The Moreno Valley motorcycle accident lawyers at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn are here to help you with every aspect of your injury claim. We fight for full and fair compensation for our clients who were injured by the negligent actions of others. For a free case review, contact us today.