Orange County Stairwell Collapse Attorney
Professional Stairwell Collapse Attorneys in Orange County, California
Even though they are relatively rare, stair collapses can be exceedingly dangerous incidents that, in some cases, can even be lethal. It is simple to take the safety of a staircase for granted as they are often used heavily regularly. Without regular upkeep, structural issues could develop that directly cause a staircase to collapse. Our Orange County stairwell collapse attorney may be able to assist you in holding the property owner accountable for their negligence if you or a loved one was hurt in a stair collapse. Medical bills and other damages shouldn’t be your responsibility to pay for alone. We at Aitken* Aitken* Cohn* are here to assist you while you investigate your legal options for obtaining compensation.
What Causes Stairway Collapses?
At Aitken* Aitken* Cohn*, we are aware of the many causes of stairway accidents. The following are some of the most typical reasons for these occurrences:
- Design errors
- Improper stair balance
- Inadequately guarded stairs
- Disregard for state building regulations
- The stairs’ use of flimsy materials
- Failure to check and repair deteriorating, rusted, or running stairs improper stair installation
In The Case Of Orange County Stairway Collapses, Who Will Be Held Accountable?
A property owner or operator’s carelessness or negligence likely contributed to the disaster in the majority of stairway collapse incidents. It is the responsibility of every owner or tenant to keep their property safe from foreseeable risks. The stairway’s construction and maintenance crews may be held accountable for cases involving stairway collapse. Your attorney can learn through a premises liability investigation that many parties are accountable for a stairway collapse.
“Aitken Aitken Cohn was compassionate, responsive, and professional. Rich Cohn was very knowledgeable. “
S.G. – Client Review
It’s crucial to be aware that personal injury claims in California are subject to a statute of limitations (time restriction). Two years after the occurrence, victims of stairway collapse incidents may launch a claim against a supposed at-fault party.
How Can Negligence In Stairway Accidents Be Proven?
A stairway’s owner has a responsibility to keep the steps safe for usage.
As a result, the state of California has detailed building rules that specify how stairs should be built, including their size and depth, the substances used for railings, the placement of obstacles, how much weight they can support, etc.
To establish the elements that the owner of the stairs is responsible for an injury accident:
- The victim was hurt due to the owner’s negligence
- The victim experienced loss as a result of those injuries
- The owner had a duty of care
- The victim was hurt due to the owner’s negligence; the victim experienced loss as a result of those injuries
- The owner had a duty of care
- The owner failed to uphold that obligation by permitting hazardous circumstances on the stairs
What Forms of Compensation Are Available for Stairway Collapses?
You may be eligible for a variety of forms of compensation if you or someone you care about was hurt in a stairwell collapse. We will strive to get the following on your behalf since our Orange County premises liability attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn Law have considerable expertise in handling these cases:
- Cost of all medical expenses connected to injuries sustained in the stairway collapse
- If you are unable to work, you can get back any missed income.
- Damages from suffering and pain
- Damages from loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages that might be awarded to a careless property owner
We have a wealth of expertise assisting victims to collect damages in slip and fall and personal injury disputes.
Contact Our Orange County Stairwell Collapse Attorney
You may have a strong premises liability case if you or someone you know was hurt in a fall due to damaged stairs or another stairwell issue. Of course, each case is unique since each accident case involves a separate set of circumstances. You can seek legal advice from the Orange County stairwell collapse attorney at Aitken* Aitken* Cohn* to pursue financial compensation from the owner of the flawed stairway or stairwell.