Temecula Car Accident Attorney
California is an at-fault insurance state for car accidents. This means that if you are injured in a car accident because of someone else’s negligence, you have the right to pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages you suffered as a result of the accident. An experienced Temecula car accident attorney from Aitken * Aitken * Cohn can help you with your car accident claim.
Common Types of Car Accidents
There is no limit to how vehicles can collide with each other. Some of the more common types of car accidents include:
- Side-impact collisions – A side-impact collision usually occurs when the front of one vehicle collides with the side of another vehicle. This type of collision often occurs when a vehicle turns left into the path of an oncoming vehicle. These collisions can also occur when a vehicle drifts into an adjacent lane because the driver is distracted or impaired. The sides of vehicles tend to have less safety features, so injuries in these accidents are often serious.
- Head-on collisions – Head-on collisions are some of the most dangerous types of car accidents because they tend to happen at higher speeds. A driver may be driving the wrong way, asleep, or impaired, causing them to crash head-on into another vehicle.
- Rear-end collisions – A rear-end collision occurs when one vehicle crashes into the back of another vehicle. This type of accident is the most common type of car accident. It is often the result of distracted or inattentive driving. Following too closely can also make this type of accident more likely to occur.
- Intersection accidents – Intersection accidents can occur when drivers speed or disobey traffic lights or signals. These accidents tend to involve higher speeds, so the resulting injuries can be very severe.
- Hit and run accidents – California law requires drivers to stop, render aid, and exchange information in any accident that results in injuries. When a driver speeds off after an accident, the victim may not receive prompt medical attention or may be vulnerable to suffering other injuries.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Brain and head injuries
- Skull fractures
- Brain bleeding
- Facial lacerations
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
Signs You Need a Lawyer for Help with Your Car Accident Claim
While you have the legal right to handle your car accident claim on your own, there are times when you may want to turn to the expertise of a Temecula car accident lawyer. Some signs you might need a lawyer for help with your car accident claim include:
- You were seriously injured – Car accidents can result in serious injuries that can disrupt your life. If you were injured, you could owe thousands of dollars in medical bills. At the same time, you may also lose wages while you are recovering from your injury. A lawyer can help determine the full extent of the damages you have suffered and fight to recover this compensation for you.
- The accident involves multiple parties – The case can be more complex when multiple parties are involved, and you may need the assistance of a lawyer who can thoroughly investigate the claim and help determine who is responsible for it.
- The at-fault driver was a professional driver – If the at-fault driver is a rideshare or truck driver or was working at the time of the accident, an experienced car accident lawyer can see if a claim can be made against the employer.
- The insurance company is blaming you for the accident and you were not at fault – Insurance companies may try to play hard ball and blame you for the accident. This can not only deprive you of the compensation you need but also expose you to liability.
If you are in any of these situations, contact Aitken * Aitken * Cohn for a free, no-obligation case review.
Evidence to Prove Your Temecula Car Accident Claim
The moments after a car accident can be confusing. However, the steps you take can dramatically impact your claim. The accident scene will be cleaned up so that it is not a danger to other motorists. Therefore, it is essential that you do your best to gather evidence to establish your claim, including:
- The police report
- The make, model, color, and year of the other vehicle involved
- The at-fault driver’s license number, registration information, and insurance information
- The license plate number for the other vehicle
- Contact information for any witnesses at the scene
- Photos or videos at the accident scene, including wide-angle shots of the accident scene, as well as the damage to vehicles, skid marks, tire treads, and other evidence of the wreck
If the accident occurred near an intersection with a red light camera or a business that has surveillance, note this information and give it to your lawyer. Your lawyer may also be able to get evidence from your dashcam that can help establish liability in your accident.
An experienced Temecula car accident lawyer can also send spoliation of evidence letters, subpoenas, and other discovery tools to secure evidence in your case to prove how the accident occurred. He or she can also help compile your medical records and other documentation that shows the full extent of your damages.
Contact a Temecula Car Accident Attorney for a Free Case Review
If you were injured in a Temecula car accident, the Riverside personal injury attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn are here to help. Our commitment to exceptional client service has helped us secure millions of dollars in compensation for our deserving clients. As a courtesy to our clients, we provide a free consultation to discuss your legal rights and options. We work on a contingency fee basis, so we only get paid if we successfully recover compensation on your behalf. Contact us for your free case review.