Orange County Business Litigation Attorney
Our office has developed wide-ranging expertise in a variety of matters arising in a commercial context. These matters include commercial torts such as wrongful interference with contractual relations, wrongful termination, and commercial fraud. Unlike most business litigation firms, the Orange County business litigation lawyers at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn will handle business-related disputes on a contingency basis, which allows the aggrieved businessperson or individual consumer to protect his or her rights against often better-funded opponents.
What is business litigation?
Litigation refers to the process of taking a case to court. This means that business litigation is any civil lawsuit process involving businesses that go to court. Both parties could be businesses, or one party could be a business and the other an individual. Business litigation can happen in a wide variety of ways, and there are often multiple parties involved.
Why do you need an Orange County business litigation attorney for this case?
Just like any civil litigation process, business litigation requires an attorney. These cases can become incredibly complex and often require extensive investigation. An Orange County accident attorney will understand the nature of these cases. They will work to:
- obtain all evidence that is relevant to the case.
- take depositions from the parties involved.
- file subpoenas for additional evidence.
- negotiate with all parties involved for a satisfactory resolution to the case.
- prepare the case for trial if necessary to secure fair compensation.
Types of cases we handle
Business litigation arises in various ways. Below, you will find some of the most common examples of business litigation cases:
1. Breach of contract lawsuits
Breach of contract lawsuits is one of the most common cases that arise concerning businesses. Almost all business transactions involve a contract. An Orange County business litigation attorney will understand the requirements of California’s Revised Uniform Partnership Act or Limited Liability Act and how they affect the interpretation of your contract. Contracts between businesses and individuals can be complex, and an experienced attorney will thoroughly review every word of the documents in question.
2. Breach of fiduciary duty
There are times when the contractual obligation between the two parties is heightened. This is called a fiduciary duty, which is a special relationship where one party is obligated to act in the best interest of the other. This is considered to be the standard of the highest care.
3. Partnership lawsuits
Disagreements between partnerships are common in these cases and are often highly emotional. When two parties in a partnership are in disagreement, there are often strong feelings of betrayal. One party may want to engage in destructive litigation. An experienced business litigation lawyer in Orange County will help navigate these complicated cases.
4. Unpaid invoices
Unpaid invoices are more than just a headache. An unpaid invoice is almost always a breach of contract. Sometimes, this is a simple breach of contract. However, unpaid invoices may involve California Commercial Code (UCC) issues.
5. Business fraud
Business fraud typically involves a misrepresentation in an effort to lure someone into doing something. Business fraud consists of illegal activities and dishonest behavior perpetrated by individuals or companies who wish to take advantage of other people or establishments.
Representative commercial litigation matters handled by this office include:
- An action by an inventor against the company he founded for the non-payment of royalties generated from the sale of his products.
- An action by a female executive of an automotive sales firm for wrongful termination and sexual harassment.
- An action by several retail business owners against a prominent commercial landlord for fraudulent inducements to relocate their businesses to a new shopping complex.
- An action by a distributor whose client base was wrongfully usurped by his principal supplier.
- An action on behalf of two attorneys who were wrongfully terminated for “blowing the whistle” on improper conduct at their firm.
- A breach of fiduciary duty by one partner against its developer partner which led to the wrongful seizure of a commercial office tower.
- In these and the other commercial matters handled by this office, our firm’s aggressive contingency fee representation was able to “even the playing field” on behalf of our clients and was able to ensure that the standards of fair play were upheld in the commercial context.
Let Aitken * Aitken* Cohn get to work on your case today
Whether you are a business for an individual, these civil lawsuits can become complex, and you should secure assistance from an attorney as soon as possible. You can count on the Orange County business litigation attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn to be by your side throughout the entirety of your case. Let us get to work investigating your case immediately. We will uncover the truth of what happened and work to secure the compensation you deserve. You can contact us for a consultation on your case by clicking here or calling 866-434-1424.