Santa Ana Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Rideshare is an extremely popular mode of transportation, and many people use rideshare services every day. However, accidents do occur and sometimes rideshare users are injured or even killed in preventable rideshare accidents.
If you or a loved one suffered damages in a Santa Ana rideshare accident, contact the Santa Ana rideshare accident attorney at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn for a free consultation about your case. You could be eligible for a settlement or monetary award from the at-fault party.
Aitken * Aitken * Cohn is prepared to represent your interests and has:
- A track record of success achieving positive results for clients;
- Experience handling rideshare accident claims;
- High ethical standards and passion for justice in each case; and
- Believes in providing personal attention to every case.
Call our rideshare accident attorneys in Santa Ana for an idea of what your case may be worth before discussing any settlement with insurance adjusters.
Santa Ana Rideshare Accident Attorneys May be Able to Help
Rideshare accident cases are very complicated because they involve three insurance groups, the driver’s private insurance, the rideshare company’s insurance, and the other driver’s insurance. To complicate matters further, when you are a victim driving your own vehicle, your insurance is also involved.
Working with these multiple insurance companies is overwhelming for victims and leads to confusion. All too often this results in insurance claims adjusters trying to take advantage of car accident victims and offering them unfair or low settlement offers or even denying a claim altogether.
Hiring an experienced rideshare accident attorney like those at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn benefits you by:
- Enabling you to spend time recovering from your injuries while your attorney represents your interests;
- Relieving you from the stress of dealing with the complicated legal processes involved in your claim; and
- Having an advocate fighting for the maximum compensation available for your injuries.
Let the rideshare accident attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn begin working on your case today. Call for a free case evaluation.
Do Rideshare Companies Carry Insurance and Am I Covered?
If you are injured in a rideshare accident, there are insurance policies that might cover your injuries. These policies include:
- If a third-party motorist caused the accident, their insurance policy is liable for your injuries.
- Uber has a $1 million liability policy effective any time there is a rider in the vehicle if your Uber driver is at fault for the crash;
- Uber has a $1 million uninsured/underinsured motorist policy if the driver who caused the crash did not carry liability insurance;
- Uber and Lyft riders can qualify for benefits under each company’s $1 million insurance policy for the duration of their rideshare trips; and
- A rideshare driver’s personal auto insurance policy may have to cover damages if the driver was not signed into the rideshare app at the time of the collision.
Determining where liability falls and whether or not you fall into a covered category under Uber or Lyft’s insurance plan can be difficult. An experienced rideshare attorney can help you understand your rights.
What To Do If You Are Involved In A Rideshare Accident in Santa Ana?
If you are involved in a rideshare accident in Santa Ana, there are steps to take that can help you later. These include:
- Call 911 for medical treatment of injured victims;
- Collect insurance information and license plate numbers from everyone;
- Take pictures of the vehicles and crash site if possible;
- Take a screenshot of your rideshare driver’s information on your phone;
- Only speak to the police and tell them what you saw and experienced;
- If possible, get any witness information;
- Inform your insurance agent, but do not make any quick decisions or speak with other insurance adjusters until the accident is fully investigated; and
- Contact a rideshare accident attorney.
The insurance company for the rideshare service or any third party does not have your best interests in mind. It is prudent to speak with a rideshare accident attorney like those at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn before making any decision to settle your case. Call us today to discuss your case.