Orange County Smoke Inhalation Attorney
Professional Smoke Inhalation Attorneys in Orange County, California
Smoke inhalation is extremely dangerous. It is known to seriously harm a variety of bodily organs by limiting their oxygen. Chemical irritation, chemical asphyxiation, or a combination of these effects might result. When chemicals from a fire come into direct touch with someone’s skin or mucous membranes, they may cause immediate harm. These substances may damage the respiratory tract’s typical lining. This disturbance may cause swelling, airway collapse, and breathing difficulties. Damage from smoke inhalation may happen if there is sustained exposure to smoke, even for a short period. Speak with an Orange County smoke inhalation attorney at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn about the circumstances if you have suffered smoke inhalation. The individual or company that started the fire must compensate you.
Orange County Smoke Inhalation Cases
Numerous irresponsible and negligent actions by property managers, contractors, landlords, product manufacturers, and other parties can cause fires and explosions. A fire may occur for several causes, including:
- defective wiring
- electrical wires that were improperly installed
- not having smoke detectors
- inadequate building construction, among other things
Employers are responsible for taking all reasonable efforts to ensure that personnel who handle chemicals or are around smoke have the requisite training and protective gear. You, your coworkers, and others may be harmed by dangerous working conditions if an employer doesn’t follow rules. Building or house owners can also be held liable in such cases.
Symptoms Of Inhaling Smoke
When you are exposed to smoke, the hot gas can irritate various tissues in addition to harming your throat and lungs. Numerous uncomfortable symptoms, including:
- Persistent cough
- Breathing difficulty
- Red eyes
- Confusion \ Fainting
You should speak with our Orange County smoke inhalation attorney right away if you had smoke inhalation as a result of a structure that was not properly designed or maintained.
Compensation For Damages Suffered By Smoke Inhalation
If another person’s negligence (carelessness), such as a property owner, property management, or another party, led to your smoke inhalation injuries, you may be eligible to bring a premises liability claim to recover damages, such as:
- Lost earnings: Your compensation or settlement may cover the lost wages you incurred because of your smoke inhalation injuries if they forced you to miss work.
- Pain and suffering: Smoke inhalation injuries are frequently the consequence of incredibly stressful events, causing both past and future pain and suffering. Events of this nature have the potential to precipitate mental illnesses such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, panic attacks, etc. You might be able to get paid for non-economic losses like the physical and mental suffering you’ve gone through.
- Medical costs: If you had serious smoke inhalation injuries and needed medical attention, you may be entitled to recover the costs of your care and treatment. Even recompense for future medical care could be available to you.
Carbon Monoxide Laws in California
Every home designed for occupancy must include a carbon monoxide detector, under California law and the Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and Prevention Act of 2010. In California, fire detectors are necessary for every residential building. Additionally, it’s important to frequently ensure that carbon monoxide and fire detectors are in good working order.
Contact Our Orange County Smoke Inhalation Attorney
Avoid being pressured into accepting a settlement that won’t even pay for your medical expenses. We can assist if you are concerned about the legal implications of bringing a lawsuit. Make a call to Aitken * Aitken * Cohn to discuss your options and ensure that justice is done.