Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
April 2, 2020
We understand these are difficult times and it can be challenging to navigate the internet to find information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are monitoring the news and will be frequently updating our directory for resources and information.
- Orange County Court Suspends Civil Jury Trials and Other Appearances as COVID-19 Incidents Increase. Read more here.
- For the latest information on California’s response to COVID-19, visit the California Department of Health and the State of California websites.
- Governor Newsom has slowly put in a plan to return back to work (as of February 11, 2021) for the general public, and has most recently shut down indoor activities such as closing gyms, salons and malls. Read more here. He passed new guidance requiring all Californians to wear masks in most indoor, and some outdoor, public spaces as cases continue to rise amid the re-opening of the state.
- Chief Justice Tanil-Canti Sakauye issues statewide order in response to COVID-19. Read more here.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom declares state of emergency to help state for broader spread of COVID-19. Read more here.
- For the latest information on the Superior Court of California – City of Orange’s response to COVID-19, visit here.
- For additional court information, visit California Courts.
- Superior Court of California – City of Orange to continue providing justice in compliance with Governor Gavin Newsom and Chief Justice Tanil-Canti Sakauye’s guidance. Read more here.
- The State Judicial Council enacted emergency measures to allow the state’s civil justice system to continue conducting business during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more here.
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) compiled a county-by-county guide for which courts are open along with updated emergency orders for each county. Read more here.
- Juvenile General Court Order No. 8, visit here.
- Implementation of Emergency Order (3rd) Court Closures from April 27 to May 22, visit here.
- Court Closure – Supplemental Emergency Order – Chief Justice, visit here.
- Civil Order 20/06 Suspending Non-Critical Proceedings through May 22 and Rescheduling Hearing Plan, read more here.
- Probate Order 20/07 (3rd Amended) Reopening Conservatorship, Guardianship, LPS, and Minors Compromise for filing, Suspending Non-Critical Proceedings through May 22, and Rescheduled Hearing Plan. Read more here.
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California has posted new General Order 72-2 and revised General Order 73, both effective May 1, 2020. Courthouse access remains temporarily restricted in all four locations until June 1, 2020, with access allowed only for those with official court business. Read more here.
- Temporary Emergency Local Rule 1: Suspension of Case Management Conferences Due to Pandemic, read more here.
- Rule 510: Civil Appellate Brief Electronic Service, read more here.
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California has posted General Order 72-3, IN RE: Coronavirus Disease Public Health Emergency, adopted May 21, 2020, which includes information on the resumption of limited in-court proceedings.
- An initial trial setting conference will be held in all unlimited and limited civil cases filed before and after January 1, 2020 in lieu of a case management conference. This initial trial setting conference will be held in chambers, without the appearance of the parties, except for good cause shown. Read more here.
- By approving Amended General Order 20-08, the Central District of California has adopted a plan for the phased resumption of Court operations. Read more here.
- Pursuant to Order of the Chief Judge No. 20-078, the United States District Court for the Central District of California announces the use of face coverings in the United States Courthouses and Probation and Pretrial Services Offices in the District as a result of the COVID-19 virus pandemic. Read more here.
- Please refer to our website for the latest public information, orders of the Chief Judge and updates on Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and court operations. Read more here.
- Coronavirus Disease Public Health Emergency, adopted June 24, 2020.
- Temporary Use of Teleconferencing, Videoconferencing, and Other Procedures in Criminal Matters Pursuant to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES ACT”), amended June 24, 2020.
- The United States District Court – Southern District of California issues General Order 162-E. Read more here.
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California provides update on status of courts. Read more here.
- Latest Notice from the Cleck update. Read more here.
- Riverside Superior Court Implements New Case Management System for Civil. Read more here.
- United States District Court – Southern District of California News Update “CJO #52.” Read more here.
- Superior Court of California – City of Orange updates “Probate Mental Health Information and Appearance Process.” Read more here.
- Superior Court of California Zoom Implementation in Remote Civil court trials. Read more here.
- Superior Court of California Announces Civil Limited Unlimited Complex Information & Appearance Process. Read more here.
INDIVIDUAL AND BUSINESS RESOURCES
- You will also find additional information through the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Any small business with less than 500 employees may be eligible for the Paycheck Protection Program.
- Los Angeles launches Emergency Microloan Program for small businesses with options from $5,000 to $20,000. Read more here.
- Small business relief from the CARES Act. Read more here.
- Can individuals track the status of the stimulus checks? Not yet, but the IRS hopes to have the feature available soon. Read more here.