Santa Ana Premises Liability Attorney
When a property owner fails to maintain a safe environment for guests that visit his or her property, that property owner is liable for damages that occur from a preventable accident on that property. If you or a loved one are the victims of a premises liability injury, it is essential to seek the help of an experienced Santa Ana premises liability lawyer right away.
Aitken * Aitken * Cohn can provide you with the legal guidance and representation you need to pursue a premises liability claim. The Santa Ana personal injury attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn are:
- Compassionate but tough advocates for your rights;
- Experienced strategists that understand insurance company techniques for paying less or denying personal injury claims;
- Aggressive representatives ready to take your case to trial if necessary.
There are time limits to recover in premises liability cases. Call Aitken*Aitken*Cohn today for a free consultation and case evaluation.
Santa Ana Premises Liability Attorneys May be Able to Help
It is important to consult an attorney in a premises liability case. Property owners and insurance companies often deny responsibility for premises liability injuries all together or will offer you a settlement far less than what you may deserve.
You need a premises liability attorney like those at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn on your side to help you:
- Investigate your claim and collect evidence;
- Interview witnesses and obtain witness statements;
- Identify all responsible parties including property owners and insurance companies;
- Assess the value of your claim;
- Hire expert witnesses including medical experts and accident reconstruction experts;
- Negotiate your settlement; and
- File a lawsuit within time limits if necessary.
Contact Aitken * Aitken * Cohn today so we can begin working on your premises liability case right away.
What is Premises Liability in Santa Ana?
If a person suffers an injury due to a hazardous condition on a piece of property and the property owner was aware of the hazard but chose not to fix it, that person may file a premises liability claim. If the hazardous condition exists but is not easily removable by the property owner, that property owner has the duty to clearly mark that hazard on their property to prevent accidents from occurring.
Injuries can occur inside or outside. Some common hazardous conditions include:
- Broken stairs or railings;
- Slip and fall on wet surfaces;
- Leaf buildup;
- Sinkholes and other concealed indents in the ground;
- Overgrown bushes and trees;
- Bodies of water that can become concealed by fallen leaves;
- Unfenced pools;
- Uneven carpeting;
- Unsecured electrical cords;
- Fire pits that are not well secured; and
- Gas leaks.
Guest and individuals on the property for business reasons are more likely to receive damages since they are authorized guests. However, even some trespassers may recover damages from a property owner. Children who trespass often receive more favorable treatment than adults who trespass.
What Types of Damages are Available in a Premises Liability Lawsuit in Santa Ana?
The victim in a Santa Ana premises liability lawsuit can seek both economic and noneconomic damages. Economic damages often include:
- Medical bills;
- Current and future medical treatment;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning capacity; and
- Property damage.
Noneconomic damages in a premises liability lawsuit may include the following:
- Scarring or disfigurement;
- Loss of a limb; and
- Pain and suffering;
Only in rare cases are punitive damages awarded. There are also awards available for family members who lose a loved one to a premises liability injury. A premises liability attorney can answer any questions regarding these special circumstances.
If you or a loved one is the victim of a premises liability injury and need the advice and expertise only an experienced premises liability attorney can offer, contact Aitken * Aitken * Cohn. Our Santa Ana personal injury attorneys are waiting to help you. Call Aitken * Aitken * Cohn today!