Long Beach Car Accident Lawyers
Located in the traffic capital of the world, Long Beach has more than its fair share of auto accidents. Auto accidents can be traumatic, even life threatening events. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you should immediately contact an experienced Long Beach auto accident lawyer.
An auto accident lawsuit can stem from an accident involving any type of vehicle on the road, including motorcycles and bicycles. Accidents may be clearly the fault of just one individual or liability may be a complex issue extending to vehicle manufacturers, auto repair shops or a government entity.
Long Beach Auto Accident Information
With a constant rush hour and millions of people driving through the city, there are thousands of auto accidents every year in Long Beach. In 2008, (the most recent year with statistics available), there were 1,881 injury accidents within the city and 27 of those injury accidents involved at least one fatality or wrongful death.
Like in any major city, drunk driving is a danger to everyone in Long Beach. There were 186 injury accidents involving drunk drivers, nine of them were fatal.
Causes of Car Accidents
When a car accident lawyer takes your case, the first course of action is to determine who is to blame. While the cause of some car accidents may seem simple, many cases require complex investigations to determine negligence.
Negligence can involve:
- Inattentive or Distracted Drivers – drivers who are eating, talking on cell phones, texting or in some other way distracted are the number one cause of car accidents.
- Driving Under the Influence – In 2008 Long Beach drunk drivers were responsible for 186 car accidents with serious injuries and nine fatal car accidents.
- Reckless driving – reckless driving can include speeding, running red lights or stop signs, tailgating, changing lanes without signaling, failure to yield and any other forms of dangerous and aggressive driving.
- Defective Parts or Faulty Repairs – a car accident lawyer may determine that your accident was caused by a defect in your automobile or from poor repair work. In that case liability can extend to the negligent manufacturer or repair shop. Auto defects include faulty tires or brakes.
- Dangerous Road Conditions – potholes, uncollected debris, uneven pavement, visual obstructions, and road construction crews can all cause car accidents. A car accident lawyer can determine if a government agency has liability for the conditions.
What You Should Do If You Are in an Auto Accident
After being involved in an auto accident, your first concern should be for your health or the health of your family. If you are injured you should immediately see a medical professional. You will not only receive treatment, but you will have a record of the injuries you received. You next concern should be to protect yourself by contacting our Long Beach auto accident attorneys.
In many cases auto accident related injuries are not felt at the scene. Symptoms may not show up for days. In the event you have a late developing accident related injury, you should still see a doctor and contact our Long Beach auto accident attorneys.
How an Auto Accident Lawyer Can Help
A qualified lawyer can help you recover compensation from the party who injured you, or the insurance company representing that party. You need to be represented by someone familiar with the area and experienced in these types of cases. Protect your best interests by contacting our team of Long Beach auto accident attorneys.