Long Beach Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a loved one has sustained a serious brain injury as the result of someone else’s careless actions or negligence, contact a Long Beach brain injury lawyer at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn . Brain injuries can seriously decrease your quality of life as they often result in permanent disabilities and even wrongful death. A brain injury lawsuit can compensate victims or their families for lost income, medical expenses and pain and suffering.
For more information, please contact our Orange County personal injury attorneys today.
Types of Brain Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Traumatic brain injuries can be caused by any forceful impact with the skull. They can be closed head injuries or penetrating injuries, such as a bullet passing though the brain. The most common causes of traumatic brain injuries are car accidents, falls from height, violent crimes and sports injuries.
- Oxygen Deprivation – These are brain injuries caused by a lack of oxygen starving the brain, either due to insufficient oxygen (hypoxia) or the total absence of oxygen (anoxia). These are often caused by electrocutions, near or complete drowning, choking, carbon monoxide exposure and heart problems. Serious brain damage occurs within minutes of oxygen deprivation.
Brain Injury Complications
A brain injury lawsuit is often necessary due to the severe and long-lasting effects that follow brain injuries. Any type of trauma to the brain can have a dramatic impact on the personality of the victim, and can affect:
- Social interactions
- Family relations
- The ability to work
Depending on the severity and location of the trauma, brain injuries can:
- Impair cognitive function
- Cause emotional problems
- Affect speech and language
- Cause mobility problems
- Leave victims in a vegetative state
Treatment and Diagnosis
Anyone exhibiting symptoms of a brain injury, which can include loss of consciousness, slurred speech, vomiting, and seizures, should immediately seek medical attention. Brain injuries may be missed following car accidents due to other injuries drawing the attention of medical personnel, so family members should carefully watch for symptoms and note changes in behavior.
Those with brain injuries or their family members, should contact a brain injury attorney as soon as their condition has stabilized. A brain injury lawsuit can also help pay for the rehabilitation that is often necessary to attempt to regain as much brain function and capability as possible. Depending on the specific type of injury and effects, treatments may include speech therapy, physical therapy and occupational therapy.
Contact a Long Beach Brain Injury Lawyer
In a free consultation with a Long Beach brain injury attorney at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, you can have your case evaluated to determine if a brain injury lawsuit is right for you. A lawsuit might not be able to reverse the damage that has been done, but it can help ensure you or loved one gets the best treatment and therapy available. Compensation can also help ease the stress of the situation and can help you and your family cope with the challenges ahead.
Contact us today to schedule a free evaluation of your case.