Long Beach Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
Slip and fall accidents can be caused by spilled materials, broken stairs, poor lighting, or any other hazardous condition that causes a person to slip or trip. The owner of the property can be held liable for injuries caused by dangerous conditions on his or her property. If you’ve broken a bone or suffered another serious injury in a slip and fall accident, you should speak with an attorney about filing a claim to seek compensation for your damages.
A Long Beach slip and fall lawyer at the law firm of Aitken * Aitken * Cohn will help you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries. Our firm has successfully represented accident victims in the Long Beach area for over 30 years and can help guide you through the legal process as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Premises Liability Law
Premises liability law establishes ownership, possession and control of the property where the injury takes place. An attorney with experience in premises liability can help you obtain compensation by evaluating the situation to determine if negligence occurred. Negligence can include:
- The owner was responsible for the problem which caused the accident
- The owner was aware of the hazardous conditions, but did not fix the problem
- A reasonable person would have been aware of the hazard and taken measures to fix the problem
Common Slip and Fall Accidents
When a person falls, he or she can suffer serious injuries, such as broken bones and lacerations. Some common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Spilled fluid causing a wet surface
- Hazardous conditions such as overflowing trash or supplies in the hall
- Potholes, torn carpet or other hazards that make the ground uneven
- Poor or dim lightening
Contact a Long Beach Slip and Fall Attorney
A slip and fall lawyer can help you receive compensation that can include lost wages, medical expenses and pain and suffering. If you believe that you may have a case, contact a Long Beach slip and fall attorney today for more information.