Long Beach Insurance Fraud Attorneys
An insurance policy is a contract between you (the insured) and an insurance company (the insurer). If you live up to your end of the contract by paying your premiums and submitting only valid claims, the insurer must live up to its end by paying valid claims. An insurance fraud attorney knows that denying a valid claim, or using tactics to stall or frustrate the insured is called bad faith and it is a form of insurance fraud.
Insurance fraud information and advice on filing a lawsuit for alleged bad faith insurance practices is available to you when you contact a Long Beach insurance fraud lawyer at the law firm of Aitken * Aitken * Cohn. Our personal injury firm protects the rights of people who have been injured and denied their rightful insurance benefits. An insurance fraud attorney will work to have your proper benefits restored, and may be able to get you additional compensation. To schedule a consultation with a qualified insurance fraud attorney, please contact us today.
Examples of Insurance Fraud
There are several types of bad faith insurance practices that warrant an insurance fraud lawsuit. Contact a Long Beach insurance fraud lawyer if your insurance company engages in the following bad faith practices:
- Conducts an incomplete investigation before denying claim
- Conducts an unreasonably drawn out investigation of the claim
- Makes an inappropriate settlement offer compared to actual value of the claim
- Retroactively changes the policy without the consent or knowledge of the insured
- Intentionally misinterprets legal terms or policy language
- Refuses to insure an individual without proper justification
- Delays the processing of a claim to an unreasonable degree
- Raises premium rates to an unreasonable level without justification
Contact a Long Beach Insurance Fraud Lawyer
If you feel that your insurance company has acted in bad faith, Aitken * Aitken * Cohn may be able to assist you. Contact a Long Beach insurance fraud attorney today to learn more about your rights.