Long Beach Car Accidents
There are over 2,000 serious injuries per year in Long Beach that are caused by car accidents. Injuries caused by car accidents can seriously affect the lives of the victims, and can result in permanent disabilities and death. An experienced car accident lawyer can help you receive compensation for your injuries through a lawsuit against the responsible party. The law firm of Aitken * Aitken * Cohn has been successfully representing auto accident victims in Long Beach for over 30 years and can help you. Contact us to schedule an evaluation of your case.
Causes of Car Accidents
When a car accident lawyer takes your case, the first course of action is to determine who is to blame. While the cause of some car accidents may seem simple, many cases require complex investigations to determine negligence.
Negligence can involve:
- Inattentive or Distracted Drivers – drivers who are eating, talking on cell phones, texting or in some other way distracted are the number one cause of car accidents.
- Driving Under the Influence – In 2008 Long Beach drunk drivers were responsible for 186 car accidents with serious injuries and nine fatal car accidents.
- Reckless driving – reckless driving can include speeding, running red lights or stop signs, tailgating, changing lanes without signaling, failure to yield and any other forms of dangerous and aggressive driving.
- Defective Parts or Faulty Repairs – a car accident lawyer may determine that your accident was caused by a defect in your automobile or from poor repair work. In that case liability can extend to the negligent manufacturer or repair shop. Auto defects include faulty tires or brakes.
- Dangerous Road Conditions – potholes, uncollected debris, uneven pavement, visual obstructions, and road construction crews can all cause car accidents. A car accident lawyer can determine if a government agency has liability for the conditions.
Contact a Long Beach Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a car accident, a lawyer may be able to help you recover the compensation you need for your medical bills, lost wages and more.
To find out if you qualify to file a lawsuit, please contact a Long Beach Car accident lawyer at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn today.