Orange County Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Every year in the United States, approximately 50,000 people will suffer injuries sustained from motorcycle accidents and 3,000 will die. As a result of the increased vulnerability on the road and the recklessness of other drivers, motorcycle injuries are extremely devastating, often resulting in various injuries to the spinal cord. Accidents involving motorcycles require a specialized understanding of the law. Given the numerous issues that may arise in a motorcycle injury or accident case, it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney before signing any papers or admitting guilt.
If you or a loved one has sustained motorcycle injuries or death as a result of an accident, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your losses, suffering and potential future earnings if the person's income supported the family. Let the competent and caring personal injury attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn evaluate your case FREE of charge and determine your best course of action. Please contact us today for a complimentary consultation.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
In many cases, motorcycle accidents are caused by another party's negligent actions or inactions, product or manufacturing defects, hazards on the road, etc. The following are factors that often result in severe injuries:
- Poor weather like rain, snow, strong winds, and hail.
- Defective motorcycle parts, such as tires, shocks, or careless maintenance.
- Vision obstructions such as buildings or traffic that make motorcyclists less visible to other drivers.
- Violation of a motorcyclists right of way.
- Other driver's failure to comply with traffic laws.
- Road hazards including debris, potholes, puddles, and uneven pavement.
The consequences of a motorbike accident are usually severe—nearly 80 percent of all cases end in serious injury or death. The most frequent injuries include , internal organ damage, bone fractures, loss of limbs, permanent disability such as paraplegia and quadriplegia, long-term damage to soft tissue and skin (road rash).
Your Rights as a Motorcyclist
If you or a loved one has suffered injury or death on a motorcycle, you may be able to recover your damages including medical bills, lost income or earning capacity, pain and suffering, and more. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the case, another driver, product manufacturer, government entity or other negligent third party should be held accountable for your losses.
Causes of Orange County Motorcycle Accidents
Most motorcycle accidents are caused by the recklessness of other drivers, product defects or poor weather conditions. Each accident has unique circumstances, however most of the common factors that result in accidents and injuries include:
- The negligence of another driver while switching lanes.
- Obstructions on the road, such as other vehicles that make it hard for drivers of other vehicles to see the motorcyclist.
- Harsh weather conditions such as rain, snow, high winds or fog.
- Product or manufacturing defects in the bike, or inadequate maintenance/repairs.
- Potholes, puddles, uneven pavement, debris.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating and traumatic for all parties involved. Whether the responsibility for your accident lies completely with another driver, or if you share some of the responsibility as the motorcycle operator, it is imperative that you have skillful legal representation.
For more information about your legal rights and options, please contact us today to consult with a qualified and experienced motorcycle accident attorney FREE of charge.