Fullerton Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are injured because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to seek compensation for the harm you’ve suffered. The Fullerton personal injury lawyers at
Aitken * Aitken * Cohn can help individuals who have been harmed in car accidents, slips and falls, and other personal injuries stemming from negligence.
Our firm has a strong reputation for aggressive representation and trial advocacy. We offer a free case review to discuss your legal rights and options.
Types of Cases Our Firm Handles
Our law firm has extensive experience with various types of accident claims, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents – Our firm handles all manner of motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents, airplane crashes, Amazon delivery accidents, boating accidents, railroad accidents, rideshare accidents, and commercial vehicle accidents.
- Truck accidents – Trucking companies are required to follow strict rules regarding hiring, training, and monitoring of their drivers. They must respect hour of service rules and ensure that the trucks in their fleet are well-maintained. Additionally, they must ensure that loads are properly secured. If they fail in any of these duties and someone is injured as a result, they may have the right to sue for the damages they’ve sustained.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycle accident victims may suffer serious head injuries, spinal cord injuries, road rash, burns, and other catastrophic injuries. A personal injury lawyer can help make a claim against the negligent driver who was responsible for the injury.
- Defective products – Our firm handles all types of claims related to defective vehicles and auto parts, including those involving car crashworthiness, defective airbags, fuel fed fires, roof crush injuries, seat back failure claims, seat belt failure claims, SUV rollover accidents, and tire defects. We also handle claims regarding defective medical devices, dangerous drugs, Avandia, contact lens solution, Darvon Darvocet Propoxyphene, RU 486, and Vioxx.
- Medical malpractice – Medical providers are expected to uphold an acceptable standard of care to their patients. If they fail to uphold this duty, they can be liable for injuries that result due to their substandard care. Common reasons that serve as a basis for a medical malpractice claim include anesthesia errors, cancer misdiagnosis, hospital errors, medication errors, misdiagnosis, and surgical errors. One of the most devastating reasons for medical malpractice claims is due to a birth injury. If you believe your newborn’s cerebral palsy diagnosis, brachial plexus, Erb’s palsy birth injury, hypoxia asphyxia, kernicterus birth injury, or umbilical cord compression,
- Premises liability accidents – Property owners do not always maintain their property in a safe condition. As a result, many drowning injuries, electrical accidents, elevator accidents, dog bites, playground accidents, slip and fall accidents, and theme park accidents occur every year. Our lawyers can help you hold negligent property owners accountable.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent, intentional, or reckless act of another, we can help guide your family through the process of filing a wrongful death claim.
Do I Need a Fullerton Personal Injury Lawyer?
While you can legally choose to handle your claim on your own, a personal injury lawyer can capably handle your claim so you can focus on your injuries. A lawyer can help with the following aspects of your claim:
- Investigating the accident – A knowledgeable lawyer can conduct a thorough investigation into the accident. They can identify all factors that contributed to the accident and identify all parties who are responsible for the harm you’ve suffered.
- Gathering evidence – In order to recover any compensation, you will need to have evidence to establish the other party was to blame for the accident. Your lawyer can gather accident reports, photos, videos, witness statements, and other evidence to help establish your claim.
- Proving liability – You must be able to show the other party was responsible for the accident and the injuries you sustained. Your lawyer can help you meet this burden by investigating the accident and gathering evidence. Additionally, your Fullerton personal injury lawyer can help show you were not to blame for the accident in case the insurance company tries to shift the blame to you.
- Substantiating your claim for damages – Some personal injury incidents result in substantial damages because injuries and losses are severe. Your lawyer can gather medical records, bills, check stubs, tax returns, property damage reports, and other evidence to help show the full value of your claim. They can also work with economic and medical experts to evaluate the future economic losses you may incur due to the accident.
Most importantly, your Fullerton personal injury lawyer can advise you of your legal rights and options. They can explain what course of action you can take and answer any questions that arise during the process.
What Is the Value of My Claim?
Many accident victims ask what their claim is worth. It is difficult to answer this question because every personal injury claim is different. There are various factors that can affect the value of your claim. For example, the amount of damages you incur directly impacts the value of your claim. Your damages are the economic and non-economic losses you suffer because of the accident. For example, you may have incurred expensive medical bills, lost wages, repaired your vehicle, and suffered physically.
Another factor that can affect your claim is who is responsible for it. If more than one party is to blame, you may be able to file multiple claims and seek a higher amount of damages. However, if you are partly to blame for the accident, any award you receive can be decreased by your portion of fault.
Finally, most personal injury claims are resolved through an insurance settlement. The insurance company will only pay up to the applicable policy limits.
If you would like to know what the potential value of your claim is, contact our firm for a free case consultation.
Contact Our Fullerton Personal Injury Lawyers for Help
If you were hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, the Fullerton personal injury lawyers at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn are here to help. Contact us today for your free and confidential case review.