San Bernardino Boating Accident Attorney
Diligent Boating Accident Attorneys Serving San Bernardino, CA
If you have been injured in a boating accident our San Bernardino boating accident attorney with the law firm of Aitken * Aitken * Cohn is ready to assist you. Seventy percent of boating accidents involve operator error or negligence, and you can recover compensation through a boating accident lawsuit. Accidents can also result from equipment failure or defect. An experienced accident attorney will be able to determine liability and help you receive the maximum compensation you deserve.
Aitken * Aitken * Cohn has been representing injury victims for over 30 years. We have successfully handled a complete range of cases involving different watercraft. If the accident caused the death of your loved one, a boating accident attorney will determine if a wrongful death lawsuit is appropriate.
Types of Boating Accidents
We can assist you with any type of boating accident, including those involving:
- Falling overboard
- Collisions with fixed objects like a dock
- Collisions with another boat
- Injuries from propellers
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
When an operator is negligent, he or she can be held liable for the injuries caused. Negligence can occur in a number of ways, including:
- Inexperienced operator
- Reckless boat operation
- Operator inattention or distraction
- Unsafe speeds
- Use of alcohol
Boating Accident Injuries
Boating accidents can result in a variety of injuries, ranging from minor cuts and bruises to severe, life-threatening injuries. The specific injuries that occur in a boating accident can depend on various factors, including the type of watercraft involved, the circumstances of the accident, and whether safety precautions were taken. Our San Bernardino boating accident lawyer can help assist you in determining the circumstances of your case. Here are some common injuries associated with boating accidents:
- Drowning: Drowning is one of the most serious and potentially fatal injuries that can result from a boating accident. It occurs when a person is submerged in water and unable to breathe. Life jackets and proper safety measures are crucial in preventing drownings.
- Head and Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can occur when a person’s head strikes a hard object, such as the boat’s deck, another vessel, or the water. TBIs can range from mild concussions to severe and life-altering brain damage.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: High-impact boating accidents can result in spinal cord injuries, which can lead to paralysis, loss of sensation, or long-term disability.
- Fractures and Broken Bones: Collisions, falls, or being thrown from a boat can lead to fractures, broken bones, and orthopedic injuries in various parts of the body.
- Lacerations and Contusions: Boating accidents may cause cuts, bruises, and abrasions when individuals come into contact with sharp objects or are thrown around the vessel during an accident.
- Burns: Fires or explosions on board a boat can cause burn injuries, which can range from minor to severe depending on the extent and depth of the burn.
- Hypothermia and Exposure: Cold water can lead to hypothermia, a condition in which the body loses heat faster than it can produce it. Hypothermia can be life-threatening if not treated promptly.
- Internal Injuries: Blunt force trauma from accidents can result in internal injuries, such as damage to internal organs, internal bleeding, or pneumothorax (collapsed lung).
- Injuries from Propellers: Some boating accidents involve injuries from propellers, which can cause deep lacerations, amputations, or severe tissue damage.
- Emotional and Psychological Injuries: Boating accidents can also result in emotional trauma and psychological injuries, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety.
Preventing boating injuries and accidents is crucial, and this can be achieved through responsible boating practices. Safety measures such as wearing life jackets, maintaining boats and equipment, following boating rules and regulations, and avoiding alcohol while boating can significantly reduce the risk of accidents and injuries on the water. Additionally, operators of boats should be well-trained and experienced in safe boating practices.
Contact a San Bernardino Boating Accident Attorney
Our experienced San Bernardino boating accident attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn can help you recover compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering. If you believe your injury was caused by another’s negligence or carelessness, you should speak with an attorney about your rights. To schedule a private consultation with an experienced attorney, please call our law offices today.