San Bernardino Slip and Fall Attorney
Seasoned Slip And Fall Lawyers Serving San Bernardino, CA
Slip and fall accidents refer to any accident that occurs when someone slips or trips on a hazardous surface while on someone else’s property. When you are harmed because of hazardous conditions that are the responsibility of another person, business, or government you should contact a San Bernardino slip and fall attorney.
The law firm of Aitken * Aitken * Cohn has been representing San Bernardino injury victims for over 30 years. Contact an experienced slip and fall lawyer who will explain premises liability and determine if a lawsuit is the proper course of action.
Slip and Fall Causes
Slip and fall accidents can occur for various reasons, often due to hazardous conditions that make walking surfaces unsafe. These accidents can lead to injuries, and the causes of slip and fall accidents can include:
Wet or Slippery Floors
- Spills: Liquid spills, whether from water, beverages, oil, or other substances, can create slippery surfaces, especially on hard floors like tile or hardwood.
Rain and Snow: Weather conditions can lead to wet or icy surfaces, making outdoor walkways, parking lots, and entrances hazardous.
- Cracked Pavement: Uneven or damaged pavement, sidewalks, or walkways can create trip hazards.
- Potholes: Unfilled potholes in parking lots or roadways can lead to uneven walking surfaces.
Loose or Torn Carpeting
Loose, torn, or frayed carpeting in homes, offices, or public places can create tripping hazards.
Improper Cleaning and Maintenance
- Inadequate Maintenance: Failure to maintain floors and walkways, leading to wear and tear, can result in hazards.
- Excessive Wax or Polish: Overapplication of wax or polish on floors can make them extremely slippery.
Poorly lit areas can make it difficult to identify potential hazards or changes in walking surfaces.
Debris and Obstacles
- Clutter: Objects left in walkways or aisles can pose tripping hazards.
- Building Materials: Construction materials or tools left in areas where people walk can lead to accidents.
Lack of Handrails
Staircases without proper handrails or with damaged handrails can result in falls.
Improperly Designed or Built Stairs
- Uneven Steps: Stairs with uneven riser heights or tread depths can lead to tripping.
- Lack of Nosing: Stairs without a defined edge or nosing can be hazardous.
- Slippery Steps: Smooth or polished stair surfaces can increase the risk of slipping.
Inadequate Warning Signs
- Lack of Warning Signs: Failure to place warning signs or barriers near hazardous areas can lead to accidents.
- Faded or Illegible Signs: Signs that are no longer visible or have unclear warnings can be ineffective.
Inappropriate footwear, such as shoes with worn-out soles or high heels, can increase the risk of slipping and falling.
Rain or Ice Mats
Rubber mats used for rain or ice can create a tripping hazard if not properly secured.
Spilled or Scattered Materials
In industrial or commercial settings, materials like oil, grease, or powders can be spilled or scattered, creating a slippery surface.
They often occur in parking lots, supermarkets, government offices, or private homes. In order to prove negligence for an accident, a slip and fall lawyer will prove whether a property owner or operator was responsible for the conditions. This can include the property owner being responsible for unsafe conditions, and the property owner being aware of the hazard but not trying to correct it. Our San Bernardino slip and fall accident attorneys are here to help you.
Premises Liability Litigation
Once negligence has been established, it’s also necessary to prove who has premises liability for the property on which the accident occurred. Premises liability basically means establishing who has ownership, possession and/or control of the property in question. Establishing premises liability can often involve complex investigation and requires a slip and fall lawyer with the resources of an experienced injury law firm.
Contact a San Bernardino Slip and Fall Attorney Today
The party or parties with premises liability are ultimately responsible for injuries that occur on the property. If you have been injured by an accident, a San Bernardino slip and fall attorney at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn can help you. Contact us today to receive the compensation you deserve.