Riverside Bicycle Accident Attorney
Professional Bicycle Accident Attorneys Serving Riverside, California
Depending on the type of vehicle that struck the biker, bicycle accidents frequently result in catastrophic injuries. A collision with another bicycle, a car, a truck, a motorcycle, a bus, or any other motor vehicle can cause a bicycle accident. Despite wearing full protective gear, the injured cyclists are likely to have a range of injuries due to the disparity in size, mass, and speed between their bicycle and the motor vehicle that collided with it and caused the accident. The injured biker needs the assistance of an experienced bicycle accident attorney to seek compensation from the at-fault party for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, and other damages. Our Riverside bicycle accident attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn have the skills and knowledge to handle and manage any bicycle accident lawsuit.
Proving Fault After A Bicycle Crash
After a bicycle collision, it may be difficult to determine the fault. The other motorist may assert that you caused the collision. The situation is further compounded by the fact that hit-and-runs are more prevalent in bicycle collisions than in collisions involving two cars.
Our Riverside car accident attorney will examine the driver’s testimony for contradictions. It is also essential to ascertain who had the right-of-way and whether the driver committed any infractions.
To establish that the driver was accountable, we must demonstrate:
- The vehicle’s driver did not act reasonably
- The vehicle’s driver violated his or her duty of care
- This violation of the duty of care led to your injury, and
- Your injuries resulted directly from the accident
In certain situations, an accident was caused by a faulty bicycle or cycling component. In this instance, it must be demonstrated that:
- The bicycle or bicycle component was unreasonably hazardous
- The biker was operating the bicycle according to its design, and
- The bicycle’s performance has not changed appreciably from the date of purchase
“Megan and her team at Aitken Aitken Cohn are amazing at what they do. Throughout the whole process of our case she was accessible, personable, a great negotiator and most importantly she genuinely cared. Megan works extremely hard and is a very skilled and creative attorney. I would recommend Megan Demshki and her team to anyone!”
K.R. – Google Review
Limitation Period Following A Bicycle Accident
A victim of a bicycle accident has two years from the accident date to bring a claim. In some cases, you may have more time. Exemption to the 2-year rule might be permitted in the following situations:
- The injured rider was ruled mentally incompetent while the statute was in operation
- The rider was so physically disabled that he was unable to file a claim for damages within the statute of limitations
- The bicyclist did not realize until much later that he had a significant injury in the collision
- The bicyclist was under 18 years old at the time of the accident; consequently, the statute of limitations will not commence until the victim’s eighteenth birthday, at which point he or she will have two years to submit a claim
Contact Our Riverside Bicycle Accident Attorney
Most bikers are unaware that they can get compensation in the event of a collision. You can file a bicycle accident claim for a variety of injuries, including a few bone fractures, a head injury, a brain injury, lacerations, and any other form of series damage, and you can earn various types of compensation. However, it would be in your best interest to contact our Riverside bicycle accident attorney at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn to assist you with your injury claim and obtain the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one were involved in a bicycle accident recently, do not call your insurance company first. Instead, hire a skilled and experienced bicycle accident attorney to handle your case so you may focus on your rehabilitation while receiving maximum compensation. Contact us today.