Riverside Work Injury Attorney
Millions of Americans get up and go to work every day. Unfortunately, many experience injuries due to their profession or while in their workspace. From a hands-on trade to clerical desk work, there are many ways to get injured while in the workplace.
At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, our Riverside work injury lawyers are prepared to help you if you’ve been seriously injured while on the clock. Contact our team today for a private case evaluation and to speak with one of our dedicated attorneys.
Why Choose Us
When you suffer a work injury in a workplace accident, you need an experienced legal team ready to stand up for your rights and help you on the road to recovery. The dedicated Riverside workplace injury attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn provide their clients:
- Upfront, honest answers;
- Sound legal advice; and
- Powerful advocacy.
If you are the victim of a workplace accident, your first step is always to seek medical attention. Once your health stabilizes, call Aitken * Aitken * Cohn. We offer a free evaluation and consultation regarding your workplace accident claim.
At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, our Riverside personal injury lawyers understand the law, know how to negotiate, and have the tools to get you the benefits you deserve. Call us today.
How Riverside Work Injury Attorneys May Be Able to Help
Although the workers’ compensation system was intended to pay prompt and fair compensation to injured workers, that is not always the case. Insurance companies are often more interested in their bottom line than in paying you fair and complete compensation for your losses. This is why you need a workplace accident attorney on your side.
The workplace accident attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn will work to:
- Make sure you file all the necessary forms and meet claim filing deadlines;
- Gather the evidence needed to support your case;
- Negotiate with the insurance company;
- Settle your claim or represent you at the hearing or trial.
What are the Common Causes of a Work Injury?
Throughout the year, thousands of employees will suffer serious injuries while on the job. Here are the most common causes of work injuries:
- Employer negligence
- Coworker carelessness
- Unsafe premises
- Equipment malfunctions
If a work injury has led to the death of an individual, please don’t hesitate to call our Riverside wrongful death lawyers to look over your case.
What is Considered a Workplace Accident in Riverside?
A workplace injury means the injury happened while you were at work or performing duties on behalf of your employer. This does not always mean you were at the physical place of business. A workplace injury can happen at a work social event off of the actual worksite such as parties or sponsored events.
There are some additional considerations when determining if an injury is a workplace injury. These may include:
- A lunch break injury not on the worksite is generally not a workplace injury;
- Alcohol may not exclude you from recovering for a workplace accident if alcohol was part of a work-related event;
- Preexisting conditions worsened on the job are usually considered a workplace injury; and
- Mental conditions are treated the same as physical injuries if they are a result of your job.
If you’re eligible for workers’ compensation, you may file a claim for benefits. However, you may not sue your employer for those same injuries in court. If your employer fails to provide workers’ compensation coverage, although ordered by state law, they are subject to fines, criminal charges, or lawsuits.
What Types of Compensation is Available in a Riverside Work Injury Lawsuit?
There are situations when you can receive compensation other than workers’ compensation claims for workplace accidents. These include the following:
- Injury by a defective product;
- Injury by a toxic substance such as asbestos, benzene, chromium compounds, silica, and radium;
- Injury due to your employer’s intentional conduct that was likely to cause harm;
- Injury and discovering your employer does not carry workers’ compensation insurance;
- Injury by a third party who does not work for the company.
It’s essential to know your options for recovering from your workplace injury. For more information and to find out what types of compensation may be available to you, contact the experienced Riverside work injury attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn.