Riverside Medical Malpractice Attorney
Skilled Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Riverside, California
If you or a loved one suffered a devastating personal injury as a result of a medical professional’s error, you should speak to a Riverside Medical Malpractice Attorney at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn. Our medical malpractice attorneys have the experience and expertise to help evaluate and litigate your medical malpractice case. Aitken*Aitken*Cohn offers a free review of your claim to determine if medical malpractice occurred. Our legal team has the resources to access and hire top medical experts in any field of medicine; a proven track record in medical malpractice cases; and the knowledge necessary to answer you questions about how insurance and medical records impact your case, what constitutes malpractice, how long you have to file your claim, and more.
Call our office today to schedule your complimentary consultation.
Riverside Medical Malpractice Attorneys May be Able to Help
Medical malpractice claims require attorneys who understand the complexities of medical malpractice claims and are able to present the information to a jury if necessary. At Aitken*Aitken*Cohn, our medical malpractice attorneys have experience in conveying this information in a way that the average person can understand. Our medical malpractice attorneys take the time to thoroughly:
- Investigate all of the individuals involved in your care;
- Investigate the facility in which treatment took place; and
- Review your medical records and work with expert witnesses to examine the evidence surrounding your case.
Aitken*Aitken*Cohn has the experience and resources to take on hospitals, malpractice insurers, and other parties liable for your medical malpractice injury. Contact our Riverside personal injury attorneys today, and let us put our skills and experience to work for you.
Who Can Commit Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice can involve any medical professional, not just doctors. Medical malpractice occurs when a health care provider fails to meet a recognized standard of care, and as a result of this failure, a patient suffers a preventable illness, injury, or death. Medical malpractice most often consists of a negligent act or a failure to act and can happen at any stage in the treatment process. Some of the medical professionals who can commit medical malpractice include:
- Lab technicians;
- Psychiatrists or psychologists;
- Physical therapists;
- Dentists; and
This is not an exhaustive list. If you think you were a victim of a preventable medical error, contact an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Riverside to discuss your claim. Furthermore, if medical malpractice results in the death of a loved one, please contact our Riverside wrongful death lawyers today.
“The firm was very professional and I felt an intense level of dedication from Mr. Aitken. I was always treated with respect, appreciation, and professionalism.”
J.T. – Google Review
Types of Medical Malpractice in Riverside
Just because a treatment does not produce a successful outcome does not mean there was medical malpractice or negligence on behalf of a medical provider. However, when medical malpractice and negligence are involved, some patients are left in worse health than if they received no treatment at all. Some of the most common types of medical malpractice are the following:
- Mistakes made in the treatment of patients including improper medication or surgical error;
- Inability to diagnose a medical condition, delay in diagnosis, or misdiagnosis; and
- Failure to get a patient’s consent before a treatment or failure to fully inform a patient about the details of a treatment.
Sometimes if a patient is already sick or injured, it can be challenging to prove that the medical provider is at fault and not the victim’s pre-existing condition.
What Kind of Damages are There in a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
The damages in a medical malpractice lawsuit depend on the individual circumstances; however, they generally include:
- Cost of past and future medical treatment. Medical negligence often results in devastating and catastrophic injuries, leaving the victim facing a lifetime of medical care and expenses;
- Reimbursement for future loss of income or earning potential;
- Pain and suffering of the victim and the victim’s family. The mental anguish, physical pain, embarrassment or humiliation, loss of enjoyment of life, and emotional distress of the victim are due compensation.
Reach Out to a Riverside Medical Malpractice Lawyer Today
If you are ready to speak with a Riverside Medical Malpractice Attorney about your potential medical malpractice claim and the compensation you could be owed, contact the experienced attorneys at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn.