Riverside Construction Accident Attorney
Skilled Construction Accident Lawyers Serving Riverside, CA
Construction sites are inherently dangerous places, and not everyone always behaves responsibly. Risky behaviors can end in preventable construction accidents. If you or a loved one were the victim of a construction accident, you could qualify for compensation from the party responsible. To learn about your legal options, call Aitken*Aitken*Cohn. Our Riverside construction accident attorney can provide you with:
- A free case evaluation and consultation;
- Reliable legal counsel and advice about your case; and
- The knowledge and resources necessary to pursue complex construction accident litigation.
At Aitken*Aitken*Cohn, our Orange County personal injury lawyers believe there is never an excuse for anyone to take needless risks with the life of another. Call us today to discuss whether you may be entitled to recover for your injuries.
Riverside Construction Accident Attorneys May be Able to Help
Construction accidents can occur at any time and can leave your family saddled with significant emotional and financial hardship. An experienced construction accident attorney acts as an advocate to ensure that you:
- Understand the different legal options available to you for benefits and compensation;
- Have the help you need to get maximum compensation; and
- Identify all the parties liable for your injuries.
A construction accident is a complex legal situation. As a worker, you qualify for a workers’ compensation claim for payment of medical bills as well as disability income. You may also be able to file a personal injury claim against anyone responsible for injuries other than your employer.
Our Riverside construction accident attorney at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn can carefully review your case, identify your recovery options, and assist in pursuing a claim against all those responsible for harming you.
Types of Construction Accident Claims Available in Riverside
There are different types of claims a Riverside personal injury attorney may help you pursue depending on your particular situation. These claims include the following:
- Workers’ compensation. Although an injured employee may not usually bring a lawsuit against their employer, an employee pursuing workers’ compensation benefits only needs to prove that a work injury occurred, the surrounding circumstances are irrelevant;
- Personal Injury. Here a worker must prove that a third party was negligent, and this negligence led to their injury;
- Product Liability. This applies a defective product caused the injury and allows the injured party to bring a suit against any party in the chain of distribution of that product; and
- Wrongful Death. When a worker gets killed on the job, his or her family may be able to bring a wrongful death claim on their loved one’s behalf. Call our Riverside wrongful death lawyers today to learn more.
Sometimes more than one of these claims applies a case and is filed simultaneously.
“Aitken Aitken Cohn was very patient and answered all of my questions. They were very easy to work with. Michael Penn was very easy to get ahold of and helped with everything.”
J.G. – Google Review
What are Common Causes of Construction Accidents in Riverside?
Although OSHA requires employers to obtain specific permits, conduct regular inspections, and implement job safety programs to limit workplace accidents, construction accidents still happen. Some construction accidents are unavoidable, while others are due to negligence, product defects, and failure to follow proper safety procedures.
Some common causes of construction accidents include:
- Improper use or maintenance of equipment;
- Compressed gases;
- Exposure to toxic substances;
- Falls from elevations;
- Slips and falls;
- Fires and explosions;
- Electrical accidents; and
- Falling objects.
What Steps to Take if You Suffer an Injury in a Riverside Construction Accident
If you suffer an injury in a construction accident, you should do the following:
- Immediately seek medical attention for the injury;
- Report the injury to the employer or manager and note who you told;
- Get any witness accounts and contact information;
- Take photographs of the injury, scene of the injury, and any equipment involved; and
- Contact a construction accident attorney to learn more about your legal options.
Seek Help From An Experienced Riverside Construction Accident Attorney
The attorneys at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn are experienced at construction accident litigation and helping the injured obtain full and fair compensation. We can evaluate your circumstances to determine if you have a case and help you with moving forward. Contact Aitken*Aitken*Cohn today.