Riverside Bus Accident Attorney
Compassionate Bus Accident Lawyers in Riverside, California
Bus rides are generally safe, but serious accidents can occur wherever moving vehicles are involved. Buses in major cities may be packed and hectic, causing drivers to become distracted. Due to the lack of seatbelts on buses, collisions are minimally safe. Even if the bus doesn’t crash, a bus driver’s careless or irresponsible driving might lead to a brief stop, which can injure passengers. The knowledgeable Riverside bus accident attorneys at Aitken *Aitken* Cohn can assist. Numerous accident victims have benefited from the great work of our team of investigators and attorneys. If you’ve been involved in a bus accident, let us deal with stingy insurance companies and understand complex rules and regulations for you. You can be confident knowing that your case is in good hands.
What Are Some Possible Reasons Why Bus Accidents Happen?
Some of the most common causes of bus accidents include the following but are not limited to:
- Distracted driving: Bus drivers typically control an extraordinarily varied and occasionally chaotic group of passengers. The driver may crash into another vehicle if one of those passengers produces a disturbance on the bus that diverts them from the road. Bus drivers might not have been able to avert a collision if other distracted drivers in passenger cars were texting or engaging in other activities while driving.
- Improper maintenance: Buses travel a lot of distance each day, putting a lot of strain on their parts. Buses may become quite dangerous for their passengers and other vehicles on the road if they are not thoroughly inspected regularly, paying attention to tire wear and pressure, fluid levels, brake quality, leaks, and even the quality of the windshield wipers.
- Fatigued driving: Bus drivers who typically work during the day may be required to drive through the night or for more extended periods than is safe. Sleeping behind the wheel of a bus full of people might have disastrous consequences.
“Megan was very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. Aitken Aitken Cohn has an excellent reputation in which It upheld.”
G.G. – Google Review
Who is Riverside Responsible For A Bus Accident?
There are often several parties involved in a bus accident. The driver is responsible if the car collides with the bus, but who is accountable if the bus is to blame? If a bus accident occurs, numerous people may be held accountable:
- Bus driver: Bus drivers must train, pass tests, and hold unique driver’s licenses. The motorist may be responsible for the collision if impaired, slept off, distracted, or otherwise careless.
- Bus Company: The bus owner is responsible for routine maintenance on their vehicles and ensuring they are in good working condition. Additionally, bus companies must properly screen and educate any drivers they recruit.
- Company tours: The tour operator is responsible for selecting a bus company with a solid safety record.
The maker of the bus is: If the bus’s construction or design contributed to the collision, those parties might be held accountable.
- Municipalities in charge of maintaining the roads: If a pothole, a broken traffic signal, or any other defect in the road causes an accident, they may be held accountable.
Contact Our Riverside Bus Accident Attorney
Accidents involving buses are more common than people realize and can be fatal or severely injure individuals. Injured passengers may find it challenging to get compensation for their losses.
Aitken * Aitken * Cohn’s Riverside bus accident attorneys will help you obtain the financial compensation you are entitled to for your injuries, medical expenses, long-term rehabilitation, and pain and suffering. They will fight tenaciously to guarantee your legal rights.