Riverside Bus Accident Attorney
Compassionate Bus Accident Lawyers in Riverside, California
While most bus rides are safe, serious accidents can occur wherever moving vehicles are involved. Buses in major cities may be hectic and packed, which may cause the driver to become preoccupied with something other than driving. Buses do not have seatbelts, thus there is minimal safety if there is a collision. Even if the bus doesn’t crash, a bus driver’s sloppy or irresponsible driving might lead to a brief stop, which can injure passengers. The knowledgeable group of Riverside bus accident attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn Law is available to assist. Numerous Riverside accident victims have benefited from the great work of our team of investigators and attorneys. After a bus accident claim, let us negotiate with stingy insurance companies and understand complex rules and regulations on your behalf. You may rest assured knowing that your case is in good hands.
What Are Some Possible Reasons Why Bus Accidents Happen?
Some of the most common causes of bus accidents include the following but are not limited to:
- A driver who got distracted: Bus drivers typically control an extremely varied and occasionally chaotic group of passengers. The driver may crash into another vehicle if one of those passengers produces a disturbance on the bus that diverts him or her from the road. Bus drivers may not have been able to avert a collision if other distracted drivers in passenger cars were texting or engaging in other activities while driving.
- Improper maintenance: Buses travel a lot of distance each day, putting a lot of strain on their parts. Buses may become quite dangerous for both their passengers and other vehicles on the road if they are not thoroughly inspected regularly, paying attention to tire wear and pressure, fluid levels, brake quality, leaks, and even the quality of the windshield wipers.
- Driving when fatigued: Bus drivers who typically work during the day may be required to drive through the night or for longer periods than is safe. The results of a driver falling asleep behind the wheel of a bus full of people might be disastrous.
Who Is Riverside Responsible for A Bus Accident?
It can be difficult to determine who is responsible for a bus accident, and frequently there are several parties involved. The driver of that vehicle is responsible if it collides with a bus. But who is responsible if the bus is to blame for the collision? If a bus accident occurs, numerous people may be held accountable:
- The driver of the bus: Bus drivers must go through training, pass tests, and hold unique driver’s licenses. The motorist may be held accountable for the collision if they were impaired, slept off, distracted, or otherwise careless.
- Bus Company: The bus owner is responsible for doing routine maintenance on their vehicles and ensuring that they are in good working condition. Additionally, bus companies must properly screen and educate any drivers they recruit.
- Company tours: It is the tour operator’s responsibility to select a bus company with a solid safety record.
- The maker of the bus is: If the bus’s construction or design contributed to the collision, those parties may be held accountable.
- Municipalities in charge of maintaining the roads: If a pothole, a broken traffic signal, or any other defect in the road causes an accident, they may be held accountable.
Contact Our Riverside Bus Accident Attorney
Bus accidents occur more often than most people are aware of, and they can be fatal or seriously hurt individuals. After a bus accident, getting compensated for your losses can be challenging.
Aitken * Aitken * Cohn Law’s bus accident attorneys in Riverside put in a lot of effort to help Riverside families. As we work with you to help obtain the financial compensation you are entitled to for your injuries, medical expenses, long-term rehabilitation, and pain and suffering, we will fight tenaciously to guarantee that your legal rights are upheld.