Riverside Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Skilled Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers Serving Riverside, CA
As a leading personal injury law firm, Aitken*Aitken*Cohn has witnessed the devastating effects of spinal cord injuries firsthand. If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury in Riverside and need compensation to recover, contact our spinal cord injury attorneys.
At Aitken*Aitken*Cohn, we help spinal cord injury victims recover the compensation they need through:
- Holding the parties responsible for our clients’ injuries accountable for their actions;
- Communicating with you to achieve the best outcome for your case; and
- Operating on a contingency fee basis, we only get paid if you do.
Contact Aitken*Aitken*Cohn to find out more about our services and how we can help you. There are time limits to recover in a spinal cord injury case. The sooner we can evaluate your case, the better.
Our Attorneys Can Assist You in You Case
When you are the victim of a spinal cord injury, your needs change. You’ll need assistance accessing medical care, addressing insurance issues, and advocating for your rights. A Riverside personal injury attorney, like those at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn, can help you in the following ways:
- They are knowledgeable about how much compensation to which you may be entitled;
- They are aware of specialized centers and doctors to treat your injuries;
- They ensure you are treated fairly in the legal process; and
- They can recover lost wages and lost potential income.
Let the spinal cord injury attorneys at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn put their expertise and successful track record to work for you. The results of your case can impact the quality of your life for years to come. Call us today.
What is a Spinal Cord Injury?
The spinal cord consists of soft tissue filled with nerves, and the spinal column protects it. The spinal cord runs down the middle of your back from the base of your brain to your waist. When the spinal cord is damaged, the result is a loss of movement or feeling in the body.
Spinal cord injury can occur without severing the spinal cord. The spinal cord has three major functions:
- Sending motor information traveling down the spinal cord;
- Transmitting sensory information in the reverse direction to the brain; and
- As a center for coordinating certain reflexes.
A spinal cord injury results from trauma to the neck or back and can often occur from a simple fall. The injury can result in no sensation or movement at or below the injury or partial sensation and movement at or below the injury.
The most causes of spinal cord injuries are:
- Motor vehicle accidents;
- Acts of violence;
- Sports and recreation injuries;
- Alcohol; and
“Megan had great communication with timely responses to all matters regarding my case. Aitken Aitken Cohn is very fair and competitive. The large amount of staff was helpful and personable.”
E.K. – Google Review
Ways to Prevent Spinal Cord Injury in Riverside
There are safety tips to prevent some unnecessary spinal cord injuries according to the Mayo Clinic. These tips include the following:
- Drive safely and wear a seat belt;
- Check water depth before diving into a pool;
- Prevent falls by using a step stool with a grab bar, add handrails along stairways, and put non-slip mats on tile floors and in the tub or shower;
- Take precautions when playing sports by always wearing recommended safety gear and voiding leading with your head in sports; and
- Don’t drink and drive or ride with a driver who has been drinking.
What Types of Damages Can Spinal Cord Injury Victims Recover?
An experienced spinal cord injury attorney will work to get you reimbursement for all the losses that someone else’s wrongful conduct caused you. When you suffer a spinal cord injury, this generally covers:
- All short and long-term medical bills, including surgeries, hospital stays, prescriptions, and extended treatment;
- Lost wages; and
- Pain and suffering.
Reach Out to Our Riverside Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
At Aitken*Aitken*Cohn, we work hard to make sure you recover the most you are allowed under the law. Contact us today to discuss your Riverside spinal cord injury case. You want to be able to trust a legal representative who will be honest and fight hard for your rights.