Riverside Insurance Bad Faith Attorney
Skilled Riverside Insurance Bad Faith Lawyers Serving Riverside, CA
If your insurance claim was delayed or denied unreasonably, or you were otherwise mistreated by your insurance company, contact a Riverside insurance bad faith attorney at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn. We know the suffering bad faith insurers cause individuals and their families. We will fight for the full compensation you deserve.
Our respected, experienced insurance bad faith attorneys handle all types of bad faith claims and possess the:
- Knowledge and skill to pursue your claim;
- Dedication it takes to protect your rights and the rights of the injured; and
- We never back down from big insurance companies.
Schedule a free, no-obligation legal consultation with our legal team today. Let the personal injury attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn explain your rights and options for moving forward with a potential bad faith insurance claim.
How Aitken * Aitken * Cohn Are Able to Help
It is always best to have an insurance bad faith attorney on your side to give you sound legal advice regarding any bad faith insurance claim. There are great reasons to consult an experienced insurance bad faith attorney, like those at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn. They can help you:
- Evaluate your rights based on your insurance policy;
- Determine whether you have a bad faith insurance claim;
- Identify insurance company errors;
- Pursue the benefits and compensation to which you are entitled.
“In California, insurance cases involving property damage under $12,500 are typically handled in small claims court, a venue where parties generally cannot be represented by attorneys. While a wide range of actions can lead to bad faith liability, water damage, and homeowner’s insurance cases are among the most common inquiries our firm receives. At Aitken Aitken Cohn, we focus on catastrophic and significant property damage loss cases, particularly those involving repair or replacement costs exceeding $200,000 in damages.”
Working your way through the complex rules and documentation of an insurance bad faith claim is a difficult and sometimes confusing task. Our Riverside insurance bad faith attorney at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn can help you determine the best course of action and make sure you receive the maximum benefits to which you are entitled.
Types of Insurance Bad Faith Acts in Riverside
Sometimes it is hard to know when you are ill-treated, and when you are the victim of insurance bad faith. There is a difference between the two. The following are examples of insurance bad faith acts:
- Failing to disclose or knowingly misrepresenting benefits, coverage, or other provisions of an insurance policy;
- Failing to promptly and properly investigate a claim;
- Not working in good faith to promptly and fairly settle a claim;
- Denying a valid claim;
- Imposing time limits or unspecified deadlines in the insurance policy;
- Asking the insured policyholder to sign a release that extends beyond the subject of the claim at hand;
- Issuing partial settlement payments that include language releasing the insurer from further payments;
- Calling medical services, supplies, or procedures unnecessary and denying payment for them without substantiated evidence;
- Paying “kickbacks” to doctors for rendering opinions on claims resulting in reduced settlements; and
- Making unreasonably low settlement offers that force policyholders to sue to obtain full payment.
If you have experienced any of these bad faith tactics after filing an insurance claim, you should speak with an experienced bad faith insurance attorney in Riverside to discuss your situation.
What Damages are Available in a Bad Faith Lawsuit
California’s laws are intended to discourage unlawful and unethical behavior in the insurance industry. Therefore, in insurance bad faith cases, you may seek not only the full insurance payment you are owed on your claim, but also any additional types of compensatory damages.
Damages available in an insurance bad faith lawsuit can include:
- Amounts the insured had to pay to the injured party;
- Costs of defending a lawsuit against the other party;
- Legal fees incurred in obtaining benefits under the insurance policy; and
- Damages for anxiety, mental suffering and emotional distress.
Reach Out To Our Riverside CA Insurance Bad Faith Attorney
If you suspect your insurance company is acting in bad faith, document all the conversations you have with them. Make sure you save all correspondence with your insurance company. When possible, request that your insurance company communicate with you via letter rather than phone. Then call Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, and talk with an experienced Riverside insurance bad faith attorney. There are time limits for filing an insurance bad faith lawsuit, so speak with one of our attorneys today.