Riverside Product Liability Attorneys
Product liability cases are complicated and require the victim to show that a defective product posed an unreasonable danger that ultimately led to an injury. Choosing a skilled Riverside personal injury attorney is an essential step in making sure you get the compensation you need. At Aitken*Aitken*Cohn, our product liability attorneys care about your injuries and have the:
- Experience necessary to handle the complex legal issues surrounding product liability;
- Knowledge and the resources to seek proper compensation for you or your loved ones; and
- Work ethic needed to pursue negligent companies tirelessly and ensure victims receive fair compensation.
The attorneys at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn help you successfully handle your product liability claim. Please contact our legal team for a free initial consultation to discuss your situation.
Riverside Product Liability Attorneys May be Able to Help
The companies that place defective products into the market have aggressive insurance attorneys fighting to protect their profits. It is crucial that you have an experienced and resourceful product liability attorney on your side who can stand up for your rights as a victim.
You can count on the product liability attorneys at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn team to:
- Obtain statements from you and any witnesses about your injury;
- Collect any physical evidence related to the incident and your injury;
- Analyze your medical records to determine the full extent and costs of your injury;
- Document and calculate your other losses, such as from damage to property, loss of work, and your pain and suffering;
- Compile evidence from such sources as recall notices from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) or the Food and Drug Administration (FDA); and
- File one or more product liability lawsuits to demand compensation from every liable party.
Our attorneys will keep you updated on the status of your case as it progresses and will respond promptly to your calls and emails. Call Aitken*Aitken*Cohn today to find out if you or a loved one are entitled to compensation due to a defective product.
Common Products Involved in Riverside Product Liability Claims
Any product that causes injury while used for its intended purpose is subject to a legal claim. Many consumer products are already part of safety recalls and product liability lawsuits. The products that commonly cited in product liability lawsuits include:
- Automotive products including acceleration systems, airbags, brakes, fuel tanks, ignition systems, seat belts, and steering parts;
- Children’s products such as beds, car seats, crayons, cribs, nursery products, pajamas, strollers, toys, and toy chests;
- Construction and building products including ladders, scaffolding, power tools, asbestos-containing materials, stucco siding, stairways, and decks;
- Household appliances and products like stoves, ranges, ovens, furniture, carpet, lamps, fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, lawnmowers, ladders, power tools, and grills;
- Medical products including artificial hips, knee implants, surgical mesh, and shoulder pain pumps; and
- Pharmaceutical products both over the counter and prescription drugs like statin drugs and vaccines.
These are only a few of the many defective products in the market today. If you think you or a loved one were the victim of a defective product, call a product liability attorney today to find out if your product is on a recall list.
What Must I Prove to Recover in a Riverside Product Liability Lawsuit?
Consumers expect manufacturers and retailers to provide safe, working products. When these expectations fail, the law steps in to ensure that injured consumers can recover from the company responsible for the defective product.
Product defects come in many forms. A product may have a defective design or defective warnings about its use. When a defective product harms you, you must prove the following:
- The product caused the injury;
- The product was defective; and
- The defect in the product presented an unreasonable danger to you.
You do not need to be the one who purchased the product. You only need to be the one injured by the product. It is possible to sue the seller, manufacturer, retailer, processor, assembler, or any other parties involved in processing or distributing a defective product.
However, there is a time period within which a lawsuit for a defective product needs filing. To meet this deadline, call Aitken*Aitken*Cohn as soon as possible, and we will handle your case with the compassion and expertise necessary to get you the compensation you deserve.