Riverside Defective Medical Device Attorneys
When a defective medical device injures you or a family member, you deserve compensation. Filing a claim against a neglectful manufacturing company is a crucial action to take in holding that company responsible for its actions.
At Aitken*Aitken*Cohn, our defective medical device attorneys know how sensitive and difficult these claims are for families. We want to help you move forward with your lives. Call us today to schedule a consultation.
Our defective medical device attorneys are:
- Respected in their field;
- Ready to uphold your rights; and
- Dedicated to earning you the maximum recovery possible under the law.
Your case evaluation is free. Contact our Riverside office today.
How Riverside Defective Medical Device Attorneys May be Able to Help
A defective medical device attorney, like those at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn, can help protect not only your interests but can also make sure manufacturers are held responsible for defective medical devices. Medical device makers must provide safe products and adequate warnings about product risks.
When a device maker fails to fulfill this duty, it should be held liable for the injuries that result. A defective medical device attorney will seek to recover damages for your:
- Emotional distress;
- Financial losses;
- Pain and suffering; and
- Medical expenses.
Defective Medical Devices in Riverside
It can be challenging to determine exactly who is responsible for a defective medical device injury. Most often, it is the manufacturer that is held liable on the basis of defects, inadequate warnings, or misleading marketing. Medical device manufacturers have a legal responsibility to make their devices safe, to meet FDA standards, and to warn of any risks or side effects involved in using the device.
There are three types of defective medical device lawsuits:
- Design defect, the defect existed before the device’s creation;
- Manufacturing defect, the defect occurred during the production of the device; and
- Marketing defect, the defect involves inadequate instructions or failures to caution device users of potential dangers.
Defective medical devices come in all varieties. A few of the more common medical devices determined defective over the years include the following:
- Pacemakers that stop or fail to keep a proper heart rhythm;
- Pain and insulin pumps;
- Heart valve implants;
- Improperly sterilized devices;
- Breast implants or any devices that cause damage to the immune system; and
- Defective hip implant or knee replacement parts.
Medical device manufacturers push their products to the market with little testing and sometimes release a defective product. This only ends up hurting the patients who need these devices the most, and the adverse effects and consequences of the devices have occurred.
What to do if a Defective Medical Device Injures You in Riverside
If a defective medical device injures you, there are steps you can take.
- Secure the product in a safe place;
- Secure any documentation about the product you may have including the packaging, manuals, and instruction booklets;
- Do not give the product to the manufacturer for any reason;
- Contact a defective medical device attorney.
Consulting with an experienced Riverside personal injury attorney like those at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn immediately after you are injured is vital to your case. There are time limits to file a defective medical device lawsuit, and the cases are complex and require experts to review your information.
Call the legal team at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn today. Your case review and evaluation are free.