Riverside Stairwell Collapse Attorney
Professional Stairwell Collapse Attorneys in Riverside, California
Consider yourself a Riverside apartment building tenant. One day, as you descend the stairwell to your apartment, the stairs give way under you. You stumble and fall several feet, sustaining severe injuries like broken bones, head trauma, and other harm. Your life is turned upside down when you are taken to the hospital for emergency care. Who is to blame for your injuries and how this could have happened are likely questions on your mind. Aitken * Aitken * Cohn can be useful in this situation. Numerous clients just like you have been assisted in obtaining justice and monetary compensation by our skilled Riverside stairwell collapse attorneys.
Riverside Stairwell Collapse Accidents
Accidents involving stairwell collapse happen more frequently than most people realize. They can occur in stair-equipped buildings like hotels, parking lots, and apartment complexes. The effects of a stairwell collapse can be disastrous, resulting in severe injuries and even fatalities. Having a knowledgeable and skilled Riverside stairwell collapse attorney on your side is essential in light of this.
Common Causes of Stairwell Collapse Accidents
Several things can lead to stairwell collapses, such as:
- poor maintenance or construction
- faulty materials
- negligent renovations or repairs
- overloading or cramming
- violations of the safety regulations or building codes
Liability in Stairwell Collapse Cases
Determining liability in a stairwell collapse case can be complicated. The owner of the property, the manager of the building, the contractor in charge of construction or maintenance, or the manufacturer of the faulty materials are all examples of potential defendants, depending on the specifics. An experienced Riverside stairwell collapse lawyer can look into the incident and assist in determining who was at fault.
“This firm has an excellent reputation for a reason. Darren was the best to work with and made a tough situation much easier. I will refer others to the firm and already have.”
J.S. – Google Review
Types of Injuries in Accidents involving Stairwell Collapse
Numerous types of injuries, such as broken bones, head and neck injuries, spinal cord injuries, and internal injuries, can result from stairwell collapses. Accidents involving stairwell collapses can occasionally even be fatal. The height of the fall, the angle of impact, and other variables will all affect how serious the injuries are.
Statute of Limitations
It’s important to keep in mind that California has a statute of limitations for bringing a lawsuit for personal injury. Typically, you have two years from the accident date to submit a claim. There are a few exceptions to this rule, so it’s important to speak with a Riverside stairwell collapse lawyer right away.
Damages for Stairwell Collapse Accidents
If you were hurt in a stairwell collapse accident, you might be entitled to financial assistance for your medical expenses, lost wages, discomfort, and other losses. You can seek the best amount of compensation by working with an experienced Riverside stairwell collapse lawyer.
Compensation for stairwell collapse cases may take the following forms:
- Medical costs: Accident victims who experience stairwell collapses frequently need expensive medical care, including hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, and ongoing care. All medical costs associated with the accident may be reimbursed to the victims.
- Lost wages: You may be entitled to compensation for lost wages if your injuries prevent you from working. This includes lost wages from the past and the future.
- Pain and suffering: As a result of their injuries, victims of stairwell collapse accidents may go through both physical and mental pain and suffering. The effects of these injuries may be partially offset by compensation for pain and suffering.
- Property damage: If the stairwell collapse accident caused damage to your personal property, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the cost of repairing or replacing it.
Punitive damages may be awarded to stairwell collapse accident victims in some circumstances. Punitive damages are granted to hold the offending party accountable for their actions and discourage others from repeating them.
Get In Touch with our Riverside Stairwell Collapse Attorneys Right Away
Don’t wait to seek legal assistance if you or a loved one has been hurt in a stairwell collapse accident. To arrange a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable Riverside stairwell collapse attorneys, get in touch with Aitken * Aitken * Cohn right away. We’re dedicated to assisting you in obtaining the justice and financial compensation you are due. Call today.