Riverside Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Rideshare accidents are often confusing and complicated for the victims. As with any car accident, there is a liable party, damages, and losses. However, determining who is liable for paying for those damages isn’t always straightforward in rideshare accidents. A Riverside rideshare accident lawyer can help.
Determining liability in a rideshare accident depends on the victim’s relationship to the rideshare. The rights of a rideshare passenger, rideshare driver, and a third-party are all different. Compounding this situation is that there may be multiple insurance providers and policies involved.
If you were involved in a rideshare accident, the rideshare accident attorneys at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn are here to help. We can assist you in understanding your rights and options and put you in the best position to maximize your recovery. Our rideshare attorneys have the:
- Willingness to fight when claims are denied;
- Experience and resources to take on corporate insurance companies; and
- Ability to guide and advise you on making the best choices for your case.
Call a Riverside personal injury lawyer at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn today to schedule your free case evaluation and consultation.
Riverside Rideshare Accident Attorneys May be Able to Help
Hiring the right rideshare accident attorneys is a crucial first step to getting compensated for your rideshare accident injuries that may have caused a serious car accident. At Aitken*Aitken*Cohn, we treat our clients with dignity and compassion due to any victim of an injury.
Every rideshare accident is unique. However, they all involve multiple insurance policies and coverages. The experienced rideshare accident attorneys at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn will help you in:
- Determining whose insurance is liable for your injuries and damages;
- Recovering compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, physical therapy bills, and chiropractic treatments; and
- Make sure you receive just compensation from all the responsible parties for your losses.
Contact Aitken*Aitken*Cohn today to find out if you have a rideshare accident case.
What is Rideshare?
Ridesharing historically was the sharing of vehicles to reduce the number of vehicle trips, traffic congestion, and automobile emissions. Recently, rideshare companies emerged on the scene, accompanied by their mobile applications downloaded to a person’s smartphone. When a person needs a ride, they place a request through the application, and a driver arrives shortly to drive them to their destination.
Although competing for rideshare services have unique aspects that set them apart from others, most have the following traits in common:
- They are requested and paid for via a smartphone application;
- The smartphone application plots out the route and calculates the cost;
- The drivers takes a passenger to their destination using a GPS; and
- There is usually a rating system allowing passengers and drivers to rate each other after a ride to ensure appropriate behavior.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents in Riverside
Rideshare accidents are often the result of speeding. Since rideshare drivers make as many trips as possible in a given time-frame to increase profits, speeding is a common contributor. Other primary factors that may contribute to rideshare accidents include:
- Distracted driving due to looking for a passenger, looking up an address, or looking at the app;
- Unfamiliarity with a roadway or specific terrain;
- Road exhaustion from long driving shifts.
There is no guarantee that a rideshare driver has any specialized training or certification. There is also no way to tell if they are tired, distracted, or how long they were at the wheel.
If you or a loved one was injured in a rideshare accident, call the rideshare accident attorneys at Aitken*Aitken*Cohn. Let our attorneys handle the insurance companies and hassle for you so you can focus on recovery. Call us today.