Riverside Birth Injury Attorney
Experienced Birth Injury Lawyers Serving Riverside, CA
Representing birth injury victims and their families in Riverside can be a very complex area of legal practice. Birth injury lawsuits require a Riverside birth injury attorney experienced in handling medical, scientific, and legal information.
Why Choose Aitken * Aitken * Cohn in Riverside?
At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, our Riverside birth injury lawyers are:
- Experienced in birth injury litigation;
- Able to locate the experts necessary to represent you and your family best; and
- Ready to competently and compassionately assist you in proving medical negligence was at fault for the birth injury of your child.
If your baby or the baby of a family member was injured or killed as the result of a birth injury, the Orange County personal injury attorneys at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn are waiting to speak with you. Please contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our Riverside personal injury attorneys.
Our Riverside Birth Injury Attorney May be Able to Helphttps://www.aitkenlaw.com/orange-county-personal-injury-lawyer/
A birth injury can place a physical, emotional, and financial strain on a family. At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, our birth injury attorneys in Riverside want to help you recover compensation for these unnecessary burdens suffered by you and your loved ones.
To find out if you may have a birth injury case, contact our Riverside office. Often birth injury cases follow a specific order, including the following:
- Review your case information thoroughly to ensure your claim is valid;
- If you have a valid case, one of our experienced attorneys will collect additional evidence, documents, a witness and expert list, and go through the details involved in a birth injury case;
- Attempt to reach a settlement or begin litigation; and
- If there is no settlement, continue to trial.
This is a very basic breakdown of a birth injury case, for more details on your Riverside birth injury case, call Aitken * Aitken * Cohn.
Proving a Birth Injury Lawsuit in Riverside
A baby’s parents may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit against the doctor or medical professional for a birth injury when that birth injury, such as a brain injury or a spinal cord injury, resulted from that medical provider’s negligence. To prove medical malpractice, the medical professional must be:
- Responsible for the health and well being of a mother and her child during labor and delivery;
- Fall below the relevant standard of care in performing their duties as a medical professional;
- Cause unnecessary harm to the mother or baby.
Furthermore, if the child or mother dies of a birth injury, please reach out to our Riverside wrongful death lawyers.
What Causes Birth Injuries?
- Providing the wrong medication during pregnancy;
- Failing to catch a severe illness in the mother or the fetus;
- Improper forceps use;
- Improper vacuum use;
- Delay in ordering a Caesarian Section; and
- Hypoxia, a condition that takes place when the child’s brain is not receiving enough oxygen.
Due to the varied and often unavoidable circumstances surrounding childbirth, it is sometimes hard to determine if a birth injury is caused by medical negligence. Therefore, it is helpful to have a birth injury attorney examine your medical records.
What Kind of Damages are There in a Birth Injury Lawsuit?
Although it is difficult to predict precisely how much you may receive in damages for a birth injury, the follow types of damages are generally available:
- Past and future medical expenses;
- Additional healthcare costs;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Loss of society and companionship; and
- Loss of life’s enjoyment.
Contact a Riverside Birth Injury Attorney in CA
Each birth injury case is different, and it is best to consult a Riverside birth injury attorney to discuss the compensation to which you may be entitled. At Aitken * Aitken * Cohn, we have a proven track record, contact us today to find out if we can help you!